The building of knuckles

Really? When did it change? :cheesy:

Now I'm going I have to look next time I stop for gas. Which one of the following octanes is not normal? I just assumed 87 was some shit gas Mavrick was pimpin.

View attachment 50962

Two things I confirmed today:
1) I've been working too much and need more sleep
2) I don't know much about gas

Wait, was that three?

Typically you see 87, 89, and 91. Some gas stations throw out 85 and 93.... The 90 'blend' is lol though.

I think the market changed brands last year some time. Or maybe it was early this year.

Several people had asked me how much I had to trim from the freedom tops to get them to fit with the rockhard cage.

Here is the passenger side.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381699118.005353.jpg

I slowly trimmed and checked, trimmed and checked...etc until it fit well. The drivers side needed more and I ran out of patience so I just cut all the way through to speed things up.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381699213.022814.jpg

For something you can't see once installed, I'd go with approach #2 if I had to do it again.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381699284.838148.jpg

Several people had asked me how much I had to trim from the freedom tops to get them to fit with the rockhard cage.

Here is the passenger side.

View attachment 52399

I slowly trimmed and checked, trimmed and checked...etc until it fit well. The drivers side needed more and I ran out of patience so I just cut all the way through to speed things up.

View attachment 52400

For something you can't see once installed, I'd go with approach #2 if I had to do it again.

View attachment 52401

Thanks for the detailed pics showing the amount of trim that was needed for the tops to fit.......This is the first i've heard or seen of having to trim the Freedom tops to fit this particular cage.....i'm guessing the design has been amended or is this just unique to a certain year and top design......If this has already been addressed in a thread I apologize up front........I was going to go with this cage on my JKX spec punchout sheet but if i have to alter my tops to get it to fit then i might have to rethink what cage i'm going to go with.

Woody:beer:

All my tops

The amount that you had to trim for the sport cage is minimal when compared to mine. In fact all my tops needed lots of trimming; Freedom panels, factory soft top brackets, Trek top NX brackets. Just goes to show you how different each install will turn out.

The amount that you had to trim for the sport cage is minimal when compared to mine. In fact all my tops needed lots of trimming; Freedom panels, factory soft top brackets, Trek top NX brackets. Just goes to show you how different each install will turn out.

Yep I started off doing a little at a time to minimize how much I had to trim. Then realized it was such a waste of time. :doh:

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed pics showing the amount of trim that was needed for the tops to fit.......This is the first i've heard or seen of having to trim the Freedom tops to fit this particular cage.....i'm guessing the design has been amended or is this just unique to a certain year and top design......If this has already been addressed in a thread I apologize up front........I was going to go with this cage on my JKX spec punchout sheet but if i have to alter my tops to get it to fit then i might have to rethink what cage i'm going to go with.

Woody:beer:

It's in the instructions and I'm sure it's been mentioned before. It's due to the clamps used on the front top crossover bar. It's really not a big deal, but if you don't want to do a little trimming then this isn't the sport cage for you.

Last edited:
LOL! Good eye there. Mike's gym is up and running. ;)

There's a couple of these bad boys behind the box

timthumb.php

Top Bottom