The build/re-build of Gruff

New arm adjustment nuts came in. I honestly don't see the need to widen the notch on these. Just gonna make sure the slots in the arms and nuts line up this go around.

EVO NUTS.jpg

New arm adjustment nuts came in. I honestly don't see the need to widen the notch on these. Just gonna make sure the slots in the arms and nuts line up this go around.

View attachment 346300

Wow those are considerably wider than the ones I got.. though the slits don’t go all the way to the hex like mine do. May be unnecessary since they’re cut so wide.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

That was fast. Is it recommended to line up the slots?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Had a conversation with Bubba and yes, line them up. EVO doesn't say that in their instructions (SURPRISE!) but that will ensure they both provide the maximun pinch.

Wow those are considerably wider than the ones I got.. though the slits don’t go all the way to the hex like mine do. May be unnecessary since they’re cut so wide.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I'm curious now. I'm going to compare the old to the new & see if they're the same.

Nice! You should get something else today too

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I did! They didn't give that one to me till I was ready to leave - we need to get squared up!

Is the front done yet?

No, had to get a side project done this afternoon but everything is ready to get tacked in now

I read somewhere that it was an isolated incident. I checked mine a while back, I think I have enough to get a good pinch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, I was really surprised that mine wobbled that much. I didn't have time today to try the new adjusters out with the old joints. I'm gonna do that tomorrow.

Mockups

Brackets all tacked in place. Ready for the axles & CA's to check all the clearances

20200429_150238_resized.jpg

Had to tweak the rear lower CA mounts a little

20200429_150322_resized.jpg

We were gonna remove the spring pads and lower CA mounts to install the Synergy mounts but man, it's a ton of grinding cutting work. We're gonna try to use the Dynatrac mounts & see how they hit on the bump stops

20200429_150843_resized.jpg

20200429_150848_resized.jpg

Since everything is gonna be off, the rear EVO bolt-in CO mounts are gonna become welded in brackets.

20200429_150216_resized.jpg

20200429_150204_resized.jpg

I love the weld in CO tower mounts.

20200429_150227_resized.jpg

And these high clearance mounts. Good riddance to the shovels that got removed.

20200429_150154_resized.jpg

Mockups

Brackets all tacked in place. Ready for the axles & CA's to check all the clearances

View attachment 346378

Had to tweak the rear lower CA mounts a little

View attachment 346379

We were gonna remove the spring pads and lower CA mounts to install the Synergy mounts but man, it's a ton of grinding cutting work. We're gonna try to use the Dynatrac mounts & see how they hit on the bump stops

View attachment 346380

View attachment 346381

Since everything is gonna be off, the rear EVO bolt-in CO mounts are gonna become welded in brackets.

View attachment 346382

View attachment 346383

I love the weld in CO tower mounts.

View attachment 346384

And these high clearance mounts. Good riddance to the shovels that got removed.

View attachment 346385

Hell yeah!! Looks great. Better hurry. Time to get on the trail

After burning off and on that much steel, you could’ve installed a DTD. Just saying...

Looks amazing! Can’t wait to see the new axles under it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I think I missed it, for some reason i thought you were doing Evo bolt ons. Are you just going to install a 2.5 king coil over or is this a different kit? Either way it looks awesome and the shop appears to be doing great work!

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom