The build/re-build of Gruff

It looks more difficult to get the old la brackets off than it was to the OEM brackets off.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

It looks more difficult to get the old la brackets off than it was to the OEM brackets off.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

100 times harder. These LA brackets are welded on something fierce. Every edge is welded and he even filled in the bolt holes. There's already dust everywhere!

Oh nice. This is gonna be great! Excited for you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks - should be a lot of progress pics being that the shop is so handy to my office. And not being busy I can hop down there in about a minute. :D

Brackets all out :brows:

20200423_170602_resized.jpg

Not sure whats up with this out of focus shit.

Notice the little lift brackets he fabbed up for the frame to sit on the lift arms nice & wobble free

20200423_170618_resized.jpg

20200423_170636_resized.jpg

20200423_170647_resized.jpg

Gotta get the steering box out of the way to get at the last little bit of the bracket

20200423_170812_resized.jpg

Grinding time and then welding up next :thumb:

Man, that looks like it was a pain in the ass!

Huge amount of progress! Looks like your front locker line got a bit toasted though [emoji6]

Is that a picture of the vertically challenged mechanic?? It does make it easier scrambling around under the Jeep!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

OMG! So jealous. I haven’t even driven mine more than 10 miles and this makes me want to do more.

Man, that looks like it was a pain in the ass!

Huge amount of progress! Looks like your front locker line got a bit toasted though [emoji6]

Is that a picture of the vertically challenged mechanic?? It does make it easier scrambling around under the Jeep!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Looks like a ton of work

There was a shitload of dust everywhere. What a mess. Good thing everything was covered with plastic all throughout that part the garage.
Good eye - I'll check that line tomorrow. Yup - that's Matt!

OMG! So jealous. I haven’t even driven mine more than 10 miles and this makes me want to do more.

LOL, now's the time to do it :thumb:

It's amazing how much stupid shit you don't account for that always seems to pop up when doing so much all at once. Like the wheel mount for the EVO carrier.
I ordered 9/16" wheel studs in to replace the std studs for the 5x5 pattern in it but the damn things had too much of a shoulder that wouldn't allow the wheel to fully
seat flush. Of course not. Weebz used bolts and I was gonna order them in but of course forgot so I just chucked them up in my drill press and went after them with a file.

stud 1.jpg

stud 2.jpg

And of course nothing wants to cooperate with me lately so the chuck proceeded to fall off of the shaft numerous times. :rolleyes2:

20200423_204044_resized - Copy (2).jpg

3 done

20200423_203241_resized - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
It's amazing how much stupid shit you don't account for that always seems to pop up when doing so much all at once. Like the wheel mount for the EVO carrier.
I ordered 9/16" wheel studs in to replace the std studs for the 5x5 pattern in it but the damn things had too much of a shoulder that wouldn't allow the wheel to fully
seat flush. Of course not. Weebz used bolts and I was gonna order them in but of course forgot so I just chucked them up in my drill press and went after them with a file.

Man, I thought you took care of that over a week ago! Those bolts I got worked perfect. Little
tack weld and good to go. I’m sure filing that shoulder down will work just fine though. You have enough thread engaged.

Man, I thought you took care of that over a week ago! Those bolts I got worked perfect. Little
tack weld and good to go. I’m sure filing that shoulder down will work just fine though. You have enough thread engaged.

I forgot to order them. Wasn't doing anything this evening so I figured I'd file down 4 hardened wheel studs and ruin two files while I was at it :rolleyes2:

Top Bottom