The build of Big Red (Knuckles)

A few pcs from today with the new wheels on! Super excited and love them. Need to get them balanced tho as I can't go over 60 before I almost hit death wobble. Going to check my alignment again before I balance them.

View attachment 93142
View attachment 93143
Old wheels -before
View attachment 93144
After with new wheels
View attachment 93145
View attachment 93146
View attachment 93147

Jiggawhatpolo stopped by so we decided to get a 'merica shot
View attachment 93148
View attachment 93149

Man big improvement on the back spacing I'm wondering if adding spacers will work the same :thinking:

Man big improvement on the back spacing I'm wondering if adding spacers will work the same :thinking:

Adding spacers will deff improve it! Honestly, I never thought that an extra 1" width overall and upgrade in wheel size would improve the handling so much!

Getting my wheels road force balanced this morning. Can't wait to be able to drive over 60 when they are done

Granted we are only running 285/70 but when we added the 1.5" spacers it was like driving a race car in the corners. Big difference

--rccrwlr. ".....and that's it baby!"

Well finally went to Quadratec to get the touch up paint pen so I could try and fix some of my paint. Also while I was there I returned the mopar unit bearing that was way to expensive.

Before paint
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407279490.282093.jpg

After
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407279508.090866.jpg

Up close you can see the imperfection but I don't care
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407279535.190167.jpg

Also my new unit bearings came in today as well! Ordered these suckers yesterday as well so I'm surprised at how fast they got here. I hope to install next week.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407279600.616800.jpg

Hey now, that touch up doesn't look bad at all, nice job :thumb:

Thanks Eddie! I did the three main spots where the paint was missing and kinda left the little scratches along. it was a paint to try and fill the little ones in. EVO skins next I think lol

I just did some painting today - isnt it amazing what some fresh coats of paint can do for your peace of mind??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks to eddies write up I installed my new timkin unit bearings tonight. Took about 2.5 hours to do both sides. Prob helped that I already had to take them off once to replace my axle shafts. Also the new Milwaukee torque wrench worked wonders tonight! I would have to say that easily saved me 30 mins doing the lugs and the hub nut.

Old bearing
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407807226.316464.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407807235.898314.jpg

Old vs new
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407807256.733748.jpg

New!!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407807269.797071.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407807279.884419.jpg

Thanks to eddies write up I installed my new timkin unit bearings tonight. Took about 2.5 hours to do both sides. Prob helped that I already had to take them off once to replace my axle shafts. Also the new Milwaukee torque wrench worked wonders tonight! I would have to say that easily saved me 30 mins doing the lugs and the hub nut.

you should have gone with SKF bearings:cheesy: looks good:thumb:

New lug nuts? Were these just for security sake, to match the wheels or did the old ones not fit?

i got these for security sake a long time ago when i first put wheels and tires on my jeep. they are gorilla guard or something like that. for now they work well with the chamber pros but i think im going to go back to oem lug nuts. maybe try and find them in black.

i got these for security sake a long time ago when i first put wheels and tires on my jeep. they are gorilla guard or something like that. for now they work well with the chamber pros but i think im going to go back to oem lug nuts. maybe try and find them in black.

They won't fit.

Hmm, so factory nuts don't work with slabs either? What would one order or look for? I didn't even think of this.

Top Bottom