Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

If anyone wants to volunteer, needing one more group leader/tail gunner for the newbie/beginner group.

If anyone wants to volunteer, needing one more group leader/tail gunner for the newbie/beginner group.

Any experience required? :daydream:

Seriously though, I can help out if needed. My plan is to have my CB ordered and installed in time for this trip, other than that my rig should be set.

Any experience required? :daydream:

Seriously though, I can help out if needed. My plan is to have my CB ordered and installed in time for this trip, other than that my rig should be set.

Running tail gunner is easy, you pretty much are the last rig, and repeat cb callouts to the trail leader

Ex.
Lead says over the cb "left at the fork"
Gunner replies over the cb "10-4, left at the fork"
Gunner makes sure everyone goes left.

That's it

The point is to keep the group together and if anyone is having cb issues they get the call twice, so 2 chances to hear the call outs

If you want to see it in action, watch the colardo JKX, Eddie was gunner for parts of the series, Mel was (obviously) lead. They call back and forth on the cb throughout the series.
Camera crew call outs is what I mostly remember
"10-4 keep it tight" lol

Last edited:
Thanks to Kyle7R stepping up to fill a group leader spot. :)

Now let's just get some more peeps signed up!

Well, due to a newly announced change in schedule rotation, I am no longer just scheduled off Fri/Sat/Sun that weekend.

I will be going, just taking vacation days as needed.

So, for the Houston folks let's take a poll as to who wants to leave when (Fri evening/Sat morning)

Either one is fine with me, just need to get on making plans.

I'm good with Friday evening, I would want to book a room somewhere.

Well, due to a newly announced change in schedule rotation, I am no longer just scheduled off Fri/Sat/Sun that weekend.

I will be going, just taking vacation days as needed.

So, for the Houston folks let's take a poll as to who wants to leave when (Fri evening/Sat morning)

Either one is fine with me, just need to get on making plans.

I'm fine with Friday evening, or Saturday morning... I have REALLY been enjoying the evening weather laterly, and while this trip is still a whole month and a half away, I think we are going to camp. :thumb:

If we get to Gilmer friday night, The cost for the weekend SHOULD remain the same for those who camp in the park. only issue will be setting up camp in a new place, in the dark, after a whole day of work, and a 4 hr drive. lol; but I'm down!

I'm fine with Friday evening, or Saturday morning... I have REALLY been enjoying the evening weather laterly, and while this trip is still a whole month and a half away, I think we are going to camp. :thumb:

If we get to Gilmer friday night, The cost for the weekend SHOULD remain the same for those who camp in the park. only issue will be setting up camp in a new place, in the dark, after a whole day of work, and a 4 hr drive. lol; but I'm down!

I think I'm just going to roll out early Saturday morning. If I take off Friday that might change.

Sure do, but we do say that AT&T stands for At This Time. So it will probably change again before then, lol.

But then again, I only work 4 days a week...from home. I'm sure there are worse gigs out there :cool:

Just skimming back through, this is a list of all the Houstonians planning on making this run. If everybody wants to chime in on their availability, or preference I can mark it down. Figured this might be helpful for those who are making lodging arrangements (especially for Friday if we come up early)

Texas Nick - Up for whateva!
DWiggles - Friday evening or Saturday morning (potentially camping both nights)
Daverawr
Tdougherty81 - Coming up Saturday morning, unless work schedule changes
Packers937
Hobolobo
Lukasd
Romac2223 - Friday Evening (booking a room)
BobbyGTX
Kyle7R

Did I miss anybody?

:Edit: - Forgot Myself...ha.

I'm good with Friday evening, I would want to book a room somewhere.

I think I'm just going to roll out early Saturday morning. If I take off Friday that might change.

Updated with most recent replies.

You must have had the wrong kind of honey with breakfast

;)

Nah, In the last Hiddenfalls thread, I remember someone (iRonin or Angry Aussie) posting up that they would be at the park friday, and would "Incoherently babble on the CB from time to time" in an effort to discourage others from using the channel so we could use it for the run... :cheesy: I still crack up when I think about it

Last edited:
Please put me on the beginners group. Hopefully no more crazy schedule changes at work and we will be able to make it:banghead:. Can help out as tail gunner too as I do have a CB.

I'm down for the convoy from Houston as well, thinking of leaving Friday evening and camping.

Please put me on the beginners group. Hopefully no more crazy schedule changes at work and we will be able to make it:banghead:. Can help out as tail gunner too as I do have a CB.

I'm down for the convoy from Houston as well, thinking of leaving Friday evening and camping.

Got you down :)

Sure do, but we do say that AT&T stands for At This Time. So it will probably change again before then, lol.

But then again, I only work 4 days a week...from home. I'm sure there are worse gigs out there :cool:

Just skimming back through, this is a list of all the Houstonians planning on making this run. If everybody wants to chime in on their availability, or preference I can mark it down. Figured this might be helpful for those who are making lodging arrangements (especially for Friday if we come up early)

Texas Nick - Up for whateva!
DWiggles - Friday evening or Saturday morning (potentially camping both nights)
Daverawr - Early Saturday
Tdougherty81 - Coming up Saturday morning, unless work schedule changes
Packers937
Hobolobo
Lukasd
Romac2223 - Friday Evening (booking a room)
BobbyGTX
Kyle7R
cjmenma - Friday Evening (camping)

Did I miss anybody?

:Edit: - Forgot Myself...ha.

I'll probably head up there Saturday morning.

Updated for daverawr and added cjmenma to the list:cool:

Top Bottom