Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

If I'm able to make this one, which I should be able to but won't know till we get closer to the date. One of the downsides to working in the film industry, never know what my schedule will be like. I can lead/spot for the hard group if I have a buddy with me. If it's just me I can ride with someone and get out and spot for everyone on the hard parts.

If I'm able to make this one, which I should be able to but won't know till we get closer to the date. One of the downsides to working in the film industry, never know what my schedule will be like. I can lead/spot for the hard group if I have a buddy with me. If it's just me I can ride with someone and get out and spot for everyone on the hard parts.

We would be glad to utilize you in the hard group or the medium group ;)

I'm honestly not even sure we will have a hard/extreme group. If it gets close and we only have 1-2 signed up, I'll most likely combine the two.

We would be glad to utilize you in the hard group or the medium group ;)

I'm honestly not even sure we will have a hard/extreme group. If it gets close and we only have 1-2 signed up, I'll most likely combine the two.

Yeah, Napalm wouldn't let me sign up for the hard group either... lol

The big gun is coming to Barnwell [emoji123]🏻

On another note, i see they still have 5 bunkhouses left and im thinking of getting one. That way we can all hang around there later that night for a fire and use the bunker as a place to put as many doors and freedom panels in for the ones who want to and didnt get a chance to.

The big gun is coming to Barnwell [emoji123]🏻

On another note, i see they still have 5 bunkhouses left and im thinking of getting one. That way we can all hang around there later that night for a fire and use the bunker as a place to put as many doors and freedom panels in for the ones who want to and didnt get a chance to.

I'm also considering getting on or going in half way with someone for one(since they sleep 3-5)

Alright I'm good to go! Put me down for the beginners group please. I may have a friend or two tag along but they'll ride with me if they do.

Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

Adding this list from last year's Newbie run thanks to George(iRonin)

This is a great list for the newbies to go by.

[*]18/19mm ratchet/socket and wrench: Useful for connecting/disconnecting your sway bar if you don't have quick-disconnects or don't have a Rubicon. I will have tools as well as a backup but it would speed things up if folks had their own. (A 19mm is a good socket to have anyways because it doubles as the size you use in conjunction with your wheel lock for changing tires)

[*]Zip ties - 40-50lbs+ is good but the more important part is getting ones that are a little longer (6"+) - also directly related to the sway bars for tucking them away after we disconnect, but useful in may other ways on the trail :)

[*]Trash bags - Some folks have the ones that hang off the rear spare tire; I just bring a regular black garbage bag to collect trash and cinch it up with a bungee

[*]Handy Wipes - These are amazing for Hidden Falls given the high dust content.

[*]Jugs-o-Water - This is beyond your basic drinking water. I always try to bring a couple cheap gallons (I get the ones with the plastic spouts) for rinsing hands, sunglasses, etc.

[*]Tire gauge w/deflator - If your Jeep doesn't have the TPMS feature that will tell you the current tire pressure, you'll want to pick up a decent analog one. I recommend one like the ARB that has a built-in deflator button which makes it easy to air down. Again, I'm sure we'll have a few there to pass around, but it will speed things up and they are a must-have piece of gear for day-to-day living with a Jeep :)

[*]Shade - Folks that are planning on going topless should really consider getting some kind of overhead shade (spiderwebshade, etc) - it may not feel bad driving around town with the top off but at hidden falls with this hot weather that sun will absolutely cook down on you and yours, especially if we're running mostly trails that avoid trees

[*]Bandana/Schampa - If you're running no doors and are sensitive to the dust, these help as a quick pull-up for easy breathing.

Top Bottom