Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

Nah, In the last Hiddenfalls thread, I remember someone (iRonin or Angry Aussie) posting up that they would be at the park friday, and would "Incoherently babble on the CB from time to time" in an effort to discourage others from using the channel so we could use it for the run... :cheesy: I still crack up when I think about it

That was probably me!! Runs lately have been more about spotting and beer drinking then driving myself. So really it would be the beers fault not mine!! Lol

Sure do, but we do say that AT&T stands for At This Time. So it will probably change again before then, lol.

But then again, I only work 4 days a week...from home. I'm sure there are worse gigs out there :cool:

Just skimming back through, this is a list of all the Houstonians planning on making this run. If everybody wants to chime in on their availability, or preference I can mark it down. Figured this might be helpful for those who are making lodging arrangements (especially for Friday if we come up early)

Texas Nick - Up for whateva!
DWiggles - Friday evening or Saturday morning (potentially camping both nights)
Daverawr - Early Saturday
Tdougherty81 - Coming up Saturday morning, unless work schedule changes
Packers937
Hobolobo
Lukasd
Romac2223 - Friday Evening (booking a room)
BobbyGTX
Kyle7R
cjmenma - Friday Evening (camping)

Did I miss anybody?

:Edit: - Forgot Myself...ha.

I'm good either way!

Sure do, but we do say that AT&T stands for At This Time. So it will probably change again before then, lol.

But then again, I only work 4 days a week...from home. I'm sure there are worse gigs out there :cool:

Just skimming back through, this is a list of all the Houstonians planning on making this run. If everybody wants to chime in on their availability, or preference I can mark it down. Figured this might be helpful for those who are making lodging arrangements (especially for Friday if we come up early)

Texas Nick - Up for whateva!
DWiggles - Friday evening or Saturday morning (potentially camping both nights)
Daverawr - Early Saturday
Tdougherty81 - Coming up Saturday morning, unless work schedule changes
Packers937 - Friday (not sure if camping yet or not)
Hobolobo
Lukasd
Romac2223 - Friday Evening (booking a room)
BobbyGTX - No Preference
Kyle7R - Flexible, planning on coming up Friday(could change depending on work schedule) - will likely be booking a room in Longview (pet friendly)
cjmenma - Friday Evening (camping)

Did I miss anybody?

:Edit: - Forgot Myself...ha.

I'm good either way!

I'm thinking about heading up Friday evening. Not sure about camping or booking a room that night though

Updated.

I cannot wait for this trip

Thanks to Kyle7R stepping up to fill a group leader spot. :)

Now let's just get some more peeps signed up!

I would love, love to join you guys -- it looks like such an awesome trip. But I don't have the extra time needed to travel 570 miles one way [emoji17]

Take lots of pictures and videos to post up, please!

I would love, love to join you guys -- it looks like such an awesome trip. But I don't have the extra time needed to travel 570 miles one way [emoji17]

Take lots of pictures and videos to post up, please!

Awwww, c'mon! Where's your sense of adventure?!

I'm really excited about my first trip off-roading with you guy's,I just went and got my OHV permit. Is there a certain spot it goes or do I just put it where I want?[emoji780]

I'm really excited about my first trip off-roading with you guy's,I just went and got my OHV permit. Is there a certain spot it goes or do I just put it where I want?[emoji780]

I'm excited too! This will be a lot of people's first experience so you are not alone.

The OHV permit I believe can be anywhere on the Jeep, but i could be wrong. It's common that most just put it on the top corner of their windshield.

I'm excited too! This will be a lot of people's first experience so you are not alone.

The OHV permit I believe can be anywhere on the Jeep, but i could be wrong. It's common that most just put it on the top corner of their windshield.

Shoot, thanks for the reminder! I gotta go get mine, putting a reminder on my calendar now.

I still haven't gotten one. I'll get it eventually but I'll probably stick it on a piece of plexiglass or something and just keep it in the jeep. I HATE stickers

As this will be my first run to Barnwell, does anyone have a good video that shows the park? Some of the wheeling that can be expected, and that is actually watchable?

As this will be my first run to Barnwell, does anyone have a good video that shows the park? Some of the wheeling that can be expected, and that is actually watchable?

Texas Nick has been, but I've done plenty of trail research there using YouTube. There are some good dash cam videos.

After talking to Nick about his trip and from the videos I've seen it looks a lot milder and easy than hidden falls is. Should be a good spot for first timers, doesn't seem like there's many spots that get tough. But with that said I've never been myself. but if Nick and his rig handled it then anyone can do it!!! [emoji12]

After talking to Nick about his trip and from the videos I've seen it looks a lot milder and easy than hidden falls is. Should be a good spot for first timers, doesn't seem like there's many spots that get tough. But with that said I've never been myself. but if Nick and his rig handled it then anyone can do it!!! [emoji12]

I looked at several different parks before choosing this one. Nick made the point that some of the easier trails in Barnwell are very forgiving to the bottom of your JK. That's why it appealed to me for a good place to have the newbie run!

... the videos I've seen it looks a lot milder and easy than hidden falls is. Should be a good spot for first timers...
...if Nick and his rig handled it then anyone can do it!!! [emoji12]

This is a friend of mines (Jason) TJ at barnwell, He is on 1tons and 38s...

Good luck Nick ;)

EDIT: Jason actually has quite a few videos of him at barnwell... I'm getting more and more excited (and a little worried) already! :thumb:

Last edited:
This is a friend of mines (Jason) TJ at barnwell, He is on 1tons and 38s...

Good luck Nick ;)

EDIT: Jason actually has quite a few videos of him at barnwell... I'm getting more and more excited (and a little worried) already! :thumb:

I'll have to stay away from these in my stock JKU sport.. good thing im sticking to the newbie group ;)

Top Bottom