TeraFlex Hinged Tire Carrier Break

Im not a lawyer (Sharkey can chime in), but I suspect they basically had their lawyers tell him that Teraflex will fix/refund the issue if he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't post any kind of pics or info online. That is the only logical reason for someone not to want to put a manufacturer on blast, especially after jumping through colon hoops. If I was mistreated by a manufacturer, I would sure as shit flame them every chance I got. AMIRITE?

Im not a lawyer (Sharkey can chime in), but I suspect they basically had their lawyers tell him that Teraflex will fix/refund the issue if he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't post any kind of pics or info online. That is the only logical reason for someone not to want to put a manufacturer on blast, especially after jumping through colon hoops. If I was mistreated by a manufacturer, I would sure as shit flame them every chance I got. AMIRITE?

I honestly am not sure but when I asked him why he had trouble he sent a reply asking me to leave his name out of this debate. Thus the reasoning for me blacking out mine and his name.

Umm doesn't matter what they told him. And I doubt they did that.

Unfortunately, no pics = no proof, just hearsay. What a shame. Being that this tire actually fell off, it would seem to me that this is something everyone could benefit from seeing.

I know this isn't a bash on Teraflex thread, just a stating the facts about a BIG problem with their tire carrier thread . With that said, there are some big issues with Teraflex products and services that need to be put out there.

Not only do they have issues with their tire carriers, I was watching videos on "winter on the rocks" held once a year in St George Utah. On one of them I see where Dennis on his blue JKU has a break on a LCA frame mount. Where? After rewinding and watching several times, on a weld!

They recently moved to a new location in Salt Lake. I stopped by the other day to see if I could get some input ( thinking they may be the best 4x4 shop in Utah) on my recent self install of my EVO long arm/ Bolt on CO front and rear system I did this summer. I need some help adjusting my front axle locations. Long story short, they don't have a shop any more and when I asked if my father who had them install their 4" LCG system on his 09 JKU had problems and needed some repairs what would they do? The answer was simple! Sorry, he will have to take it somewhere they can help.

Shitty CS and defective products! Any Teraflex product I have on my jeep just went up for sale!

I know this isn't a bash on Teraflex thread, just a stating the facts about a BIG problem with their tire carrier thread . With that said, there are some big issues with Teraflex products and services that need to be put out there.

Not only do they have issues with their tire carriers, I was watching videos on "winter on the rocks" held once a year in St George Utah. On one of them I see where Dennis on his blue JKU has a break on a LCA frame mount. Where? After rewinding and watching several times, on a weld!

They recently moved to a new location in Salt Lake. I stopped by the other day to see if I could get some input ( thinking they may be the best 4x4 shop in Utah) on my recent self install of my EVO long arm/ Bolt on CO front and rear system I did this summer. I need some help adjusting my front axle locations. Long story short, they don't have a shop any more and when I asked if my father who had them install their 4" LCG system on his 09 JKU had problems and needed some repairs what would they do? The answer was simple! Sorry, he will have to take it somewhere they can help.

Shitty CS and defective products! Any Teraflex product I have on my jeep just went up for sale!

Wow! That sucks. I'm sure fanboys will just blast you for telling your story. It's amazing how some people refuse to hear the truth no matter how much it is put in front of them.

I have seen A LOT of long arm brackets break but have always heard TeraFlex blame the installer for them. Kinda sad when their products break on their own JK's. If I recall, same thing happened on a rig running their long arms at KOH last year. I can only imagine why they got rid of their shop.

Im not a rich guy; and 700 bucks is nothing to sneeze at, but If this is what they told me, I would tell them very sternly that they could wipe their ass with the refund money and I will keep the proof and plaster it all over the web as I see fit!

But like was already stated I dont think this was the case...

Wow! That sucks. I'm sure fanboys will just blast you for telling your story. It's amazing how some people refuse to hear the truth no matter how much it is put in front of them.

When I was rebuilding the flex joints on my control arms I called because the tool they sell for the uppers and lowers doesn't fit the uppers. I talked with customer service and told them it doesn't fit and was told it was the right one. (The kid on the phone was nice enough and really didn't have a clue why it wouldn't fit but was trying to help) I contacted Joe and heard nothing back. Ended up having to go to Home Depot and make my own tool to rebuild the joints because they were of no help.

I'm on mobile so please forgive me if i missed it. Is there any issue with the hinge part? I'm seeing the issue being mostly the adjustable carrier. Mainly, if I used the hinge with the oem carrier, would that be ok? This is of course provided I used some Daystar isolators correctly as well

I'm on mobile so please forgive me if i missed it. Is there any issue with the hinge part? I'm seeing the issue being mostly the adjustable carrier. Mainly, if I used the hinge with the oem carrier, would that be ok? This is of course provided I used some Daystar isolators correctly as well

Yes, the problem is mainly with the adjustable tire carrier part. But, having said that, I can tell you that there is NO NEED to replace your factory hinges. So long as you make sure to isolate your spare properly, the factory tire carrier AND hinges will hold up just fine. Please, do yourself a favor and save your money or use it to buy something you really need.

Yes, the problem is mainly with the adjustable tire carrier part. But, having said that, I can tell you that there is NO NEED to replace your factory hinges. So long as you make sure to isolate your spare properly, the factory tire carrier AND hinges will hold up just fine. Please, do yourself a favor and save your money or use it to buy something you really need.

Roger that! Gives me an excuse to get CO2 :)

I've run a 35" BFG KM2 with a black rock wheel on the stock one for 3+ yrs with zero problems! No squeaks or rattles... Just added the daystar spacers over the summer.

I have the earlier version and have not had any problems, but I've emailed Teraflex asking about getting a replacement. Let's see what they say.

Top Bottom