Rausch creek trip 9/21-9/22 (mild blues/green trails only)

Just missed them. Where are you at? They hit Levittown, Pa pretty hard.

Sent from my MB865 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm gonna be there this time around (shit face police), that's it no more for you... Lo l

Last time I went I used the method of watching lol and thinking oh thats going to suck in the morn.
EDIT :Although I was pretty snookered
Sent from my SPH-L720

Try this with him.... You're gonna camp and you're gonna like it..... Lol

Hahaha! That's exactly what I said about a small family camping trip to Luray sched for next month. I'm just so excited to at least get out and wheel for the day and hang out with everyone! :wings:

Estoy un poquito frustrado ahora...

Yes, I am a little frustrated right now. I called Echo Valley September 3rd, reserved sites 5a-7a, and secured said reservation with a shiny piece of plastic with numbers on it. When I called today to modify the reservation, Judy discovered she had pulled a "whoops" and double booked those campsites. Because the other reservation was made first, we don't have 5a-7a. We have 1a-4a. I got an extra site because our numbers are growing and we may run short of real estate. Especially if we have 3 or more tents per site.

She did throw out the offer that she could open up the pavilion area for us, but we would have to have a group of 20 or more for that. It would be a little bit more expensive also (~$15/night). The cost is the disadvantage. The advantage is that 4 of the 5 pavilions have power, there is a water outlet, there are 4 "very clean" port-o-johns right there, and they would open up the showers right next door (according to Judy). I've never been to this campground, so I'm not sure if it is worth the extra cost. Regardless, I don't think we have 20 people unless some of you all are bringing kids. For the pavilion area, kids count. If we can get 20 people (and if you all want to pay a few dollars more), we could spread out a little bit more.

I am going to go up around 3-4pm on Friday to check the area out. We have until that point to finalize our numbers make a decision if we want the pavilion.

Just to review the costs for sites 1a-4a:
2 adults per site = $25/night ($12.50/person/night)
3 adults per site = $33/night ($11.00/person/night)
4 adults per site = $41/night ($10.25/person/night)

Each camp site has a picnic table and a fire pit, and firewood is $8/box. She said there are about 8 or 9 pieces of redwood per box. Apparently, it is illegal to transport firewood across county lines in PA. Who knew. I will have a couple boxes sent to the sites for Friday night. We can adjust the amount for Saturday based on our consumption.

Sorry to be painful, but please let me know if I have something wrong below. I am only concerned about camping, not wheeling (that is JKMadness' department):

JKMadness: 2 adults camping Friday and Saturday
ScottC: 1 adult camping Friday and Saturday
KPM171: 2 adults camping Friday and Saturday
MSK466: 1 adult camping Friday and Saturday
Aeraun: 1 adult camping Saturday
Bl17z90: 2 adults camping Friday and Saturday *
VaderJK: 2 adults camping Saturday
Army_Vet: 1 adult camping Friday and Saturday
Mike OC: 2 adults camping Saturday night
Trembley: 1 adult camping Friday and Saturday

Total: 10 Friday, 15 Saturday

*Bl17z90, is your friend coming with her Jeep?

Are any of you all bringing kids? Anybody else want to join the fun?

As always, thank you for your patience and responses.

Last edited:
Yes, I am a little frustrated right now. I called Echo Valley September 3rd, reserved sites 5a-7a, and secured said reservation with a shiny piece of plastic with numbers on it. When I called today to modify the reservation, Judy discovered she had pulled a "whoops" and double booked those campsites. Because the other reservation was made first, we don't have 5a-7a. We have 1a-4a. I got an extra site because our numbers are growing and we may run short of real estate. Especially if we have 3 or more tents per site.

She did throw out the offer that she could open up the pavilion area for us, but we would have to have a group of 20 or more for that. It would be a little bit more expensive also (~$15/night). The cost is the disadvantage. The advantage is that 4 of the 5 pavilions have power, there is a water outlet, there are 4 "very clean" port-o-johns right there, and they would open up the showers right next door (according to Judy). I've never been to this campground, so I'm not sure if it is worth the extra cost. Regardless, I don't think we have 20 people unless some of you all are bringing kids. For the pavilion area, kids count. If we can get 20 people (and if you all want to pay a few dollars more), we could spread out a little bit more.

I am going to go up around 3-4pm on Friday to check the area out. We have until that point to finalize our numbers make a decision if we want the pavilion.

Each camp site has a picnic table and a fire pit, and firewood is $8/box. She said there are about 8 or 9 pieces of redwood per box. Apparently, it is illegal to transport firewood across county lines in PA. Who knew. I will have a couple boxes sent to the sites for Friday night. We can adjust the amount for Saturday based on our consumption.

Sorry to be painful, but please let me know if I have something wrong below. I am only concerned about camping, not wheeling (that is JKMadness' department):

Trembley: 1 adult camping Friday

Total: 10 Friday, 14 Saturday

That really blows that we can't get our usual site. It's generally good for us to be at the very end of the property since we bring a lot of vehicles and can sometimes be a little noisy well into the evening. But, I'm sure these sites will be just fine too. That being said, my info is correct. If it matters, it's 2 adults in 2 tents. If not, then just 2 adults.

Is Mr. Madness gonna have to need his own site? :D
83_Guard_s_Tent_at_Drottningholm_Palace_Sweden_reg.jpg

Trembley: 1 adult camping Friday and Saturday

Total: 10 Friday, 15 Saturday

Scott, I should be there on Friday early also, don't loose any sleep, we'll figure it out...

That really blows that we can't get our usual site. It's generally good for us to be at the very end of the property since we bring a lot of vehicles and can sometimes be a little noisy well into the evening. But, I'm sure these sites will be just fine too. That being said, my info is correct. If it matters, it's 2 adults in 2 tents. If not, then just 2 adults.

View attachment 48906

That's only the guests quarters :D

View attachment 48906

That is just to funny and Ed did you say gest or did you mean servant's quarters.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Top Bottom