Rausch creek trip 9/21-9/22 (mild blues/green trails only)

I think there's not gonna be enough time to do that mod at RC, by the time everyone gets there and sets up is gonna be dark, no power.... I don't know my 2 cents

A cb I don't have yet but it it's on my list. Just don't know if I'll have it by the trip.

Sent from my MB865 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The more I think about it the more it seems like it might take away from drinking time. I wasn't thinking it would be that involved or time consuming. Some day I'll get it done. It's all good....:D

Mike has it bad Lmao . I like you and haven't met you yet. I might not get to meet you on this trip but look forward to meeting you next time. :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L720

I do have it bad. When I'm in, I'm all in. This will be my first off roading experience other than racing motocross for years(quads) but I'm looking extremely forward to it as well as building my rig up over the next couple of years and meeting some cool people.

I do have it bad. When I'm in, I'm all in. This will be my first off roading experience other than racing motocross for years(quads) but I'm looking extremely forward to it as well as building my rig up over the next couple of years and meeting some cool people.

You're going to have a great time.

Quadratec sells a package for around $100. Its a uniden cb with an antenna wiring and the antenna bracket all included. All you need to get after that is something to mount the cb, weather it be to the side of the tub (quadrwtec has that bracket too) or the dash or above the mirror or wherever you can fit it really lol. You may also want to get a holder of se sort for your mic. I use a gear keeper and hook it to my passenger sunvisor.

There is actually a thread going on about cb's atm

Another thing i would highly recommend is a set of quick release sway bar links OrlR bring some wrenches to undo your links. Trust me ride in a vehicle that was releaed and ride in one that wasn't and you'll ntoice the difference in performance and comfort as well.

You're going to have a great time.

Quadratec sells a package for around $100. Its a uniden cb with an antenna wiring and the antenna bracket all included. All you need to get after that is something to mount the cb, weather it be to the side of the tub (quadrwtec has that bracket too) or the dash or above the mirror or wherever you can fit it really lol. You may also want to get a holder of se sort for your mic. I use a gear keeper and hook it to my passenger sunvisor.

There is actually a thread going on about cb's atm

Another thing i would highly recommend is a set of quick release sway bar links OrlR bring some wrenches to undo your links. Trust me ride in a vehicle that was releaed and ride in one that wasn't and you'll ntoice the difference in performance and comfort as well.

Agreed. Sway bar quick disconnects & a CB are an excellent first round of mods. Here's a set from JKS & Teraflex. This might be a safer campfire mod vs. fender cutting imho.

The cb may have to wait but the quick disconnects are bring ordered Monday. They have one set left of Rubicon express, anyone know anything about that brand and how hard they are to install?

The cb may have to wait but the quick disconnects are bring ordered Monday. They have one set left of Rubicon express, anyone know anything about that brand and how hard they are to install?

Which kit are you looking at? I've had good experiences with Rubicon Express products personally, but have never worked with any disconnect kits on JK's. Installing a quick disconnect kit seems pretty straight forward regardless of who makes it. Only 2 bolts on each side.

I have heard that re hasn't made great parts since the tj but for something as simple as sway links it shouldnt be an issue.

Probably just go with them for now anyway. I can have them in a day and ready to go before the trip. Where are we going to meet up? I have never been to RC and don't know the lay out of the land.

Probably just go with them for now anyway. I can have them in a day and ready to go before the trip. Where are we going to meet up? I have never been to RC and don't know the lay out of the land.

Mr. Madness generally has us all assembled at 0830 on the left side of the parking lot to air down.

Ok cool. How long do we usually stay on the trail for? I'll need time to set up my tent but can do it after we get off the trails. Can't wait....

Top Bottom