Rausch Creek Trip 12-14

I will be there for sure! Depending if I feel like putting my 1/4 pounder on in this freezing cold weather. I may be front bumper less lol

It kinda goes along with your comment here .

Our fine weather man here has come up with a very defining 2 tot 7 inches of snow .

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Our fine weather man here has come up with a very defining 2 tot 7 inches of snow .

Lol I was gonna say I just heard 3-6 inches

Sent from my iPhone

Oh I got ya. They said heaven snow in York so it will be lots of fun tomorrow haha

just thinking, what should I do with my front brake lines for now since they are still stock? I noticed at full dropp they were getting tight with the new shocks. I did disconnect the bottom bracket, but wasnt sure what to do with them for this weekend.

just thinking, what should I do with my front brake lines for now since they are still stock? I noticed at full dropp they were getting tight with the new shocks. I did disconnect the bottom bracket, but wasnt sure what to do with them for this weekend.

You should for sure double check that. If nothing else stop at Quadratec before tomorrow and get some longer lines and fluid and bring it all with you in case you snap a line. That way you can fix it on the trail if worst comes to worse.

Move them behind the shock if you haven't done that already. That will give you more length. What size lift and shocks do you have?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

You have the luxury of being close enough to Q-Tech, so you can swing by and grab one of their Braided Stainless Front Brake Hose kits ($60+) and install them. When it comes to brakes, I wouldn't take any chances. Just my :twocents:

Did you stretch the hard line down and attach the hardline bracket to the frame

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Jimbo the easiest thing you can do right now, given the time frame you have is just like Nate said, lines behind the shocks and you can pry those brackets open with a pipe wrench and pliers.... I've done it

Move them behind the shock if you haven't done that already. That will give you more length. What size lift and shocks do you have?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

3" plush rides (3/75-4" of lift for a 2 dr) and up front bilsteins for a 3.5-6" lift

I do have the relocation brackets already. When I swapped the shocks I unbolted the bracket on the axle that holds the brake and abs lines. I knew I should have just ordered longer lines, but couldnt decide on which to go with at the time and then it was too late. Now I cant order anything since I dont have a card to use yet.

Those 3.5-6" bilsteins are definitely going to max out your droop. Did you do longer sway bar links? You may not want to disconnect them until you get new lines. We probably won't be doing anything real serious tomorrow due to the weather so you should be fine connected. I think you'll be ok because of the snow as just moving around RC is going to be difficult.
Try to remove that axle bracket like Madness suggested and move lines behind the shock.

I'm out for tomorrow guys...snow coming into town. Rausch will be fun but the travel there and back would be ridiculous.

Jimbo the easiest thing you can do right now, given the time frame you have is just like Nate said, lines behind the shocks and you can pry those brackets open with a pipe wrench and pliers.... I've done it

Those 3.5-6" bilsteins are definitely going to max out your droop. Did you do longer sway bar links? You may not want to disconnect them until you get new lines. We probably won't be doing anything real serious tomorrow due to the weather so you should be fine connected. I think you'll be ok because of the snow as just moving around RC is going to be difficult.
Try to remove that axle bracket like Madness suggested and move lines behind the shock.

Thanks guys thats what I will end up doing for now. Wish I would have asked the other day instead of today. Was hoping to get my rockstars installed as well but its just to cold for me to be outside doing them alone. I think the jeep may fit in my parents garage, but still doesnt really help me out much right now. hopefully I can figure out an easy way to get the lines around the shocks other than unbolting the shocks again.

You have the luxury of being close enough to Q-Tech, so you can swing by and grab one of their Braided Stainless Front Brake Hose kits ($60+) and install them. When it comes to brakes, I wouldn't take any chances. Just my :twocents:

10 points for originality sir :bleh:

Thanks guys thats what I will end up doing for now. Wish I would have asked the other day instead of today. Was hoping to get my rockstars installed as well but its just to cold for me to be outside doing them alone. I think the jeep may fit in my parents garage, but still doesnt really help me out much right now. hopefully I can figure out an easy way to get the lines around the shocks other than unbolting the shocks again.

Unbolt at the axle shock mount and compress the shock upward. You can use a strap to hold it up and pass the brake line underneath it.

If they stayed open slightly longer it would be possible, but getting there during the week before they close is almost impossible for me 99% of the time.

Top Bottom