Rausch Creek - 08Feb2013

Where does everyone plan on staying while they are down there? We will be wheeling sat only and gotta be on the road by 5pm. Also is there anyone else thats new other then me?

Most folks are staying at the Comfort Inn in Pine Grove. Click the link on the first post in this thread, it takes you right to the choose your nights for the hotel and applies the LRAUS discount code.

Yay more folks! Should be a good time.

In snow, a narrower tire has less resistance through the white fluffy stuff so its recommended to run slim tires with traction as a Daily driver and only because its easier to slice through (plowed) snow on major routes and the slush before parking lot entrances. (I.e. a 4 cylinder car.)

That said.

This is not really a factor here with the 4Lo and the aggressive tread most of us have. So wider tread with better traction on an aired down tire is much much better. It gets more of the tread involved and flexes better. Win!

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

I did some what i would consider mild blue stuff last weekend here locally in about 4 inches of snow. I did not air down, mainly because i had a 30 mile drive home and none of us had onboard air, that being said i wish i had aired down, i almost had to be winched at one point, and i know if i was aired down it would have made the difference.

*edit* note that i said ALMOST had to be winched!!! Surprised those lifted and locked xj's i was running with!!! *edit*

Last edited:
I got my clearance from work this morning, im off, so i will be there!!! Add another stock rig to the list haha

I missed the last trip due to me not having any skid plate, If ordered today/tonigh who thinks it would get here soon enough to put it on lol would be from 4wheelparts??

I missed the last trip due to me not having any skid plate, If ordered today/tonigh who thinks it would get here soon enough to put it on lol would be from 4wheelparts??

I'd think the new skids would be here in time for you to install them this weekend if you ordered today. Shipping isn't that long to anywhere on the east coast (assuming you aren't getting some cryptic stuff from a Washington State Warehouse that is).

with you lift and 37s I wouldnt be worried about skids so much. I have them, but after 35s and then 37s I have rarely hit anything.

You missed for a skid plate? IMHO that is way overly cautious. There is many bypasses for the rougher stuff. I wouldn't miss just for that

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

You missed for a skid plate? IMHO that is way overly cautious. There is many bypasses for the rougher stuff. I wouldn't miss just for that

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have zero skids at the moment, no oil no tanny and no transfer case, thats a lotaaa open space lol

I could try and put the tansfer case back on with some modding but still no oil or tranny! what you think??

I could try and put the tansfer case back on with some modding but still no oil or tranny! what you think??

i think you will be fine. i have the rancho oil skid for mine and i have less lift and smaller tires and i havent hit it yet. also no tranny skid and im still good. you will be fine with how high you are.

what trail color is the plan for that day?

all depends on conditions. the plan is usally a green/blue group and blue/purple/black group. if it snows tho it might just be 1 or 2 groups (depending on size) of blue/green trails

Top Bottom