Pvanweelden's JKUR build

Thanks Jeff, Curt, maxcustody, olram, and Steve! Pretty happy myself with the way the skins and sliders turned out. As I mentioned before, the skins were cut with a jigsaw :( if someone had access to a plasma, laser or water jet then they would look a lot better without all the sanding I had to do.
Trying to convince the wife we should leave the doors at home for CO trip :) otherwise I have to put them on tonight for the first time since april :D.
1405022015851.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm thinking for your own safety pop the doors on... :p she'll get cold and you'll be the one to really suffer ;) lol

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app

I have access to a small plasma cutter, for future reference.:rolleyes: I hope you don't run into any issues putting doors on... Sure would suck if they didn't clear those sliders!

Lol Rich! That would suck! :banghead:
Here's a door pic for ya
1405042495271.jpg
John- happy wife, happy life right? :)
Putting doors and top on for the drive across Nebraska :(
Then they will be back off for the time we are there in CO.
Ran into another green jeep buddy on the way home tonight
1405042624512.jpg

That is Jon- he has had his green 07 since late 06, almost as long as you :) he is a long time local club member.
Doors and top on :( all loaded and ready to go! Getting off work tomorrow early.

Lol Rich! That would suck! :banghead:
Here's a door pic for ya
View attachment 91388
John- happy wife, happy life right? :)
Putting doors and top on for the drive across Nebraska :(
Then they will be back off for the time we are there in CO.
Ran into another green jeep buddy on the way home tonight
View attachment 91389

Damn that was close! LOL

That's right! Happy wife, happy life! :clap2:

Enjoy your trip. I was supposed to go on vacation next week also but just started a new job so that cancelled that trip.:doh:

Thanks Jeff! We left dsm at 1 pm, got to omaha at 3 pm and got stuck in this
1405139564838.jpg
4 different thunderstorms (glad we had the doors and top :)
We are about 45 minutes northeast of Denver right now- and it is crazy to see 10 planes all circling DIA. Not sure if it's because of the thunderstorm that just passed thru here.

Trip is good! Except this morning is a very cloudy and overcast, we always drive in at night, so the following morning I get all excited to see the Rockies (being a flat lander) but we can't see the mountains today :(

On a side note- in case anyone has ever wanted to try putting 4 door rubi rails on a 2 door- it is possible. The front holes line up. I know I had read on here that it won't work, because the curve is different, but a buddy just did it with my old set.

Trip is good! Except this morning is a very cloudy and overcast, we always drive in at night, so the following morning I get all excited to see the Rockies (being a flat lander) but we can't see the mountains today :(

On a side note- in case anyone has ever wanted to try putting 4 door rubi rails on a 2 door- it is possible. The front holes line up. I know I had read on here that it won't work, because the curve is different, but a buddy just did it with my old set.

Well at least your in the Rockies :) I'm at home... :D lol

Finally got our first chance to head into the mountains today. No wheeling, just some fun switchbacks to Flagstaff Mtn in Boulder.
1405299625056.jpg
1405299648616.jpg
1405299666488.jpg
1405299699146.jpg
1405299722546.jpg
1405299779975.jpg

Top Bottom