Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

True, I just don't want a fender that does body damage when it gets in a predicament.

All four of my MCEs have some evidence of having fun. One instance, from Isham Canyon, definitely would have caused body damage if the fender was metal rather than plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

If you ever saw Byrons and mine side be side the metal cloaks gained a solid 1.5-2” over the nemesis

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Yeah, I liked how easy Bryon took his off before he attempted the Escalator. I was looking at them today. Dident know the Nemesis gave less clearance.

I'm tired of the unfinished look of the cut fenders but worried about aluminum fender as well. Genright are beautiful but the price is ugly.

When I bought the MCE I pulled off my fenders because it said 2 day shipping. Thank god I didn't throw them away because I had to put them back on being that it's been two months since I ordered them and now they're giving me an additional two months ETA.

MCE refunded my money today so what to buy now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Yeah, I liked how easy Bryon took his off before he attempted the Escalator. I was looking at them today. Dident know the Nemesis gave less clearance.

I'm tired of the unfinished look of the cut fenders but worried about aluminum fender as well. Genright are beautiful but the price is ugly.

When I bought the MCE I pulled off my fenders because it said 2 day shipping. Thank god I didn't throw them away because I had to put them back on being that it's been two months since I ordered them and now they're giving me an additional two months ETA.

MCE refunded my money today so what to buy now.

Must be nice. I can’t even get a response from quadratec.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Must be nice. I can’t even get a response from quadratec.

Don't hold your breath waiting on a response. "Due to Covid" fucking nonsense. I waited two months to get a reply to multiple emails with nothing.
I finally called and waited for a goddam half hour on hold before I got to talk to someone & get the issue cleared up. :crazyeyes:
You're gonna have to call to get an answer....

Don't hold your breath waiting on a response. "Due to Covid" fucking nonsense. I waited two months to get a reply to multiple emails with nothing.
I finally called and waited for a goddam half hour on hold before I got to talk to someone & get the issue cleared up. :crazyeyes:

Same experience 30-60 minutes on hold. But that better than 4wd. They are even worse.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Customer service should be 1 of those things anyone can do from home, the company just has to invest in the right system. With the # of unemployed people out there right now they should have an infinite supply of people to help customers if they actually made the investment...

Made the mistake of buying a craftsman riding mower in April. I knew they had been bought out but figured the new company hadn't had a chance to screw the quality up too bad yet. And I like their 'tight turn radius' feature. Well just over 32 days after received the hydrostat exploded while mowing front lawn. Not even 7 hrs on the clock, most of that was pulling the kids around in a dump trailer... Return to the store ended at 30 days...

Spent 60 minutes on the phone the following Monday listening to elevator music and the whole 'due to covid call times are longer than expected, if you need assistance try our website.' Hung up because kids were home and wanted to go do something.

Emailed customer support through website, get a similar email to the phone number.

Don't hear anything back for a week and a half, call and spend 1.5 hrs on phone. Finally talk to a human. They say 'ohh just go to the website and it will tell you your nearest authorized repair places.' Would have been nice to have that info in the manual...

Call the 3 locally listed craftsman authorized repair places and tell them my 1.5 month old craftsman riding mower's hydrostat exploded and I need warranty repair. They all pretty much say 'This is our busy period of the year, it would be about 2 months before we can get to you, and we are not authorized craftsman repair places.' My head almost exploded...

Call Lowes to ask them WTF to do, they say I can trailer it in and they will have to send it out to get repaired by an authorized provider.

Send another email to the customer support website telling them their 'authorized warranty providers' say they are not in fact authorized to warranty my product and if they don't tell me whom will repair my mower I want them to authorize lowes to allow a return and return my money.

1.5 weeks later get an email that, although the repair places said they were not authorized to warranty Craftsman products they were wrong and they are in fact authorized. And if I needed any additional support to let them know... Head nearly exploded again. I replied back that this did not in fact resolve my issue and I would like that employees manager to three way call me and the nearest repair provider so that they could resolve my issue. I shouldn't have to tell a repair place who they are and aren't able to repair, I'm not affiliated with their shitty company.

1 month later still no reply. My wife finally gets involved (she had purchased as a fathers day present) and wanted the grass mowed. She called the closest repair place. All of a sudden they ARE a certified craftsman repair place and I must have misunderstood... If I hadn't had alcohol in me my head would have exploded. Somehow loaded the fucker up and drove it to the repair place the next day without burning it down or getting booted from the business for a profanity laced tirade. Took them about a month to fix it. Man my blood is boiling just thinking about that BS. All due to 'Covid' and a 'misunderstanding'...

I'm assuming the business was so swamped they didn't want the warranty business and lied... And don't buy craftsman folks.

Customer service should be 1 of those things anyone can do from home, the company just has to invest in the right system. With the # of unemployed people out there right now they should have an infinite supply of people to help customers if they actually made the investment...

Made the mistake of buying a craftsman riding mower in April. I knew they had been bought out but figured the new company hadn't had a chance to screw the quality up too bad yet. And I like their 'tight turn radius' feature. Well just over 32 days after received the hydrostat exploded while mowing front lawn. Not even 7 hrs on the clock, most of that was pulling the kids around in a dump trailer... Return to the store ended at 30 days...

Spent 60 minutes on the phone the following Monday listening to elevator music and the whole 'due to covid call times are longer than expected, if you need assistance try our website.' Hung up because kids were home and wanted to go do something.

Emailed customer support through website, get a similar email to the phone number.

Don't hear anything back for a week and a half, call and spend 1.5 hrs on phone. Finally talk to a human. They say 'ohh just go to the website and it will tell you your nearest authorized repair places.' Would have been nice to have that info in the manual...

Call the 3 locally listed craftsman authorized repair places and tell them my 1.5 month old craftsman riding mower's hydrostat exploded and I need warranty repair. They all pretty much say 'This is our busy period of the year, it would be about 2 months before we can get to you, and we are not authorized craftsman repair places.' My head almost exploded...

Call Lowes to ask them WTF to do, they say I can trailer it in and they will have to send it out to get repaired by an authorized provider.

Send another email to the customer support website telling them their 'authorized warranty providers' say they are not in fact authorized to warranty my product and if they don't tell me whom will repair my mower I want them to authorize lowes to allow a return and return my money.

1.5 weeks later get an email that, although the repair places said they were not authorized to warranty Craftsman products they were wrong and they are in fact authorized. And if I needed any additional support to let them know... Head nearly exploded again. I replied back that this did not in fact resolve my issue and I would like that employees manager to three way call me and the nearest repair provider so that they could resolve my issue. I shouldn't have to tell a repair place who they are and aren't able to repair, I'm not affiliated with their shitty company.

1 month later still no reply. My wife finally gets involved (she had purchased as a fathers day present) and wanted the grass mowed. She called the closest repair place. All of a sudden they ARE a certified craftsman repair place and I must have misunderstood... If I hadn't had alcohol in me my head would have exploded. Somehow loaded the fucker up and drove it to the repair place the next day without burning it down or getting booted from the business for a profanity laced tirade. Took them about a month to fix it. Man my blood is boiling just thinking about that BS. All due to 'Covid' and a 'misunderstanding'...

I'm assuming the business was so swamped they didn't want the warranty business and lied... And don't buy craftsman folks.
Yikes, thats a pain in the ass. Craftsman lost me years ago and I was leary on the new line products Lowe's carries. I definitely won't be purchasing any of those.

Milwaukee , Husky, and Tekton are the only brands I have been buying lately.

A LOT of businesses are using the Chinese Flu to camouflage the fact that they've gutted their customer service departments.
Add to the fact that people basically suck and viola!

A LOT of businesses are using the Chinese Flu to camouflage the fact that they've gutted their customer service departments.

I am tired of the excuses as well. It's been around long enough for people to figure out a work around.

Yikes, thats a pain in the ass. Craftsman lost me years ago and I was leary on the new line products Lowe's carries. I definitely won't be purchasing any of those.

Milwaukee , Husky, and Tekton are the only brands I have been buying lately.

Yeah I still have my old craftsman set i bought on a black Friday sale about 20 years ago. I also just bought 2 old ratchets from a neighbor during our community garage sale. $8 for a 1/2, 3/8, and 1/4" ratchet. Sold. Plus the pawls seem to be much tighter and closer than thr ratchets I have.
Yeah our local vet is the same way. Call and no answer. Fortunately they are less than 5 mins from my house so we drove over to make an appointment. All park and wait for someone to come out. Answer your fucking phone!

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I am tired of the excuses as well. It's been around long enough for people to figure out a work around.

The companies that care seem to handle it, but they are few and far between.

This virus has been used to its fullest to screw as many people as possible.

As an alternative, I want to highlight a good experience I recently had.

ACE Engineering gets a good review from me. I pre ordered Lava Jackets, and a couple of days later decided I needed to change the size.

I called them, got a prompt answer with a live person who changed the size for me, and assured me it was no problem.

With so many companies doing the wrong thing, that was a great example of how customer service should be handled.

Reminds me of a company called Benchmark Designs from the early JK days. But, Benchmark went under and screwed a lot of people. Time will tell if MCE follows the same path. No freaking way I would give them my money at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Or Trail Jeeps Black Friday fiasco

Top Bottom