NorCal/CenCal Snow Day

Is anyone interested in a Sunday run too? We are doing slickrock and would love to have some others join if possible. Or how about we run the rubicon in reverse :-D (inside joke from the suds-n-grub)...

Sourgrass has one if the coolest campsites I've ever seen along the way there is a huge shaded open area by itself on the river you could camp 20 jeeps in there or block the whole place off with a few ;)

Is anyone interested in a Sunday run too? We are doing slickrock and would love to have some others join if possible. Or how about we run the rubicon in reverse :-D (inside joke from the suds-n-grub)...

I think the gate will be closed for ebbetts pass kitty & I would love to stay for Sunday but I don't think we can make it happen :(

That would be a great back up trail for sure.

I say let's plan to do both :-D

:rock:

I may or may not be able to. How long is that trail?

Sourgrass is only 2.5 miles long it's about a fifteen min ride off hwy4 on boards crossing road which is not plowed so May be fun in the snow gettin down there

I believe it's 5-6 miles but panda may have more insight if he's ran it.

I've ran it many times one of my fav camp spots it's a dead end so you run it both ways also boards crossing road turns into dirt & goes beyond sourgrass splits into many dirt roads you can get to Sonora through there on dirt! But I don't know my way too far out

We just booked with the Tamarack Lodge at Bear Valley
http://www.tamaracklodgeatbearvalley.com
They had the best rates and still have plenty of availability. We are in the back chalet and the other 2 rooms in the chalet are still open so WOL could take over the whole house. There are still rooms in the main lodge and run $125 a night. IF the online registration does not work just call/email if its late and Vicky is great to work with, they are having internet issues ;( We are heading up Friday evening and staying through Sunday to wheel Slickrock :) Maybe some will stay and join in the fun! :drinks:

I'll see about calling tomorrow and renting out one of the other rooms in the chalet. What the first name that is reserved under?

Seriously? Maybe they have a butler for you too,or room service even.:D

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

I'll make you the senior butler majordomo. I'll expect all food and other essentials on time, majordomo.

Nah, I think we'll be OK with the Prevost Coach and chauffeur. We'll have water crackers and caviar on the trail,lol.

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

A majordomo cant stay in the same location as I, majordomo will have to have there own quarters away from me.

We can't make Sunday but we have been wanting to run slick rock also

Sourgrass has one if the coolest campsites I've ever seen along the way there is a huge shaded open area by itself on the river you could camp 20 jeeps in there or block the whole place off with a few ;)
Thanks for posting this up. Sounds like a good time also. Something quick

Corral Hollow and Slick Rock -
View attachment 61839

Sourgrass
View attachment 61841

Thanks for the info CrawlerKitty

Sent via Snow Flake in California on a 100 deg day

Top Bottom