Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Two months from now you'll find yourself driving around on a beautiful day in May kicking yourself for buying headlights you aren't even using right then when you could be feeling the wind going through your hair with the top down.

This is my thinking as well :) but my plan is to see how well my DIY hardtop lift works tomorrow. If it works well, It wouldn't be absolutely nessacasry to have a soft top right away.

Trucklites. Should have been my first mod.
Especially where you live. You probably see your fare share of country roads. Deer, hogs, dogs can be oddly attracted to the front of jeeps. :)

I just hate the Jeep stock lights.. So much!!! Did you see the changes to the Texas Barnwell thread I made? I made some drastic changes. You might want to take a look just incase you want to change your group your riding in.

Truck lites :thumb:

You mean this sticker collection? Lol
View attachment 194034.

Yep, that one. I plan to beat it in a few years :) if it were up to me, I'd sell the hardtop and get both. But for some reason, my wife loves the Hardtop.

Snapped this photo this morning just as the Sun was about to crest at sunrise
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458650718.683464.jpg

Now, the plan is to work on the hardtop lift today. My parts were delayed(thanks brown Santa) so I'm still waiting on a few things.

IF it goes well and makes getting the hardtop off easy, I might be swaying towards truck-lites :)

Thank you! It's been a few days :)

Have you seen the thread I started about the Barnwell run in May? I've seen a few interested in your area and thought you might be. It isn't too terribly far away!

I did indeed see it. I looked up the directions and mileage. We would love to go but I don't think we will be able to in May. I have some commitments but it sure is tempting. I will be following it though and appreciate the invite.

I did indeed see it. I looked up the directions and mileage. We would love to go but I don't think we will be able to in May. I have some commitments but it sure is tempting. I will be following it though and appreciate the invite.

I understand completely! You bet and hope we are able to wheel together soon :)

After near disastrous results last night with my DIY Hardtop hoist, I'm now back to the drawing board rethinking..

Do you have photos of what setup you were using? We could assist if you'd like.

I'm waiting for the weather to warm up so I can put in my new kayak hoists. A lot of guys use them here because of the larger "fingers". Just have to route your lines right and away she goes!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458773863.309333.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458773875.491858.jpg

Do you have photos of what setup you were using? We could assist if you'd like.

I'm waiting for the weather to warm up so I can put in my new kayak hoists. A lot of guys use them here because of the larger "fingers". Just have to route your lines right and away she goes!

View attachment 194403

View attachment 194404

Unfortunately, in the heat of the moment and frustration, I didn't snap any.

I almost went with that same system you have, but I read that the pulleys have to be at a minimum of 6'-8' apart. I wasn't sure if it would work on a shorter scale!

I'm really swaying towards just ditching the hard top and going soft.. Just trying to convince the wife we don't need it.

I used a Harken Hoist. I used steel angle to attach to the garage ceiling. I can adjust the width and location of the ropes to use it for holding different items when my hardtop is on my Jeep. I built a shelf that I can suspend from it that can hold my soft top and half doors. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458786583.872638.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458786596.322177.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458786607.738729.jpg

Top Bottom