Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Also, as most of you that follow this thread will notice, thanks to CozDude I've added build thread into the title. Because eventually, we all know it will happen..

Not sure how I've missed this thread till now but I blame being in the UK for the bulk of Feb - welcome back to the fold! Coincidentally my buddy just got himself a 2016 Tundra despite my urging him to go Jeep... so far he's happy but I guess we'll see what happens when he gets close to that 90k mark lol

Anyhow, Subbed, welcome back, and I'm glad you're able to work in a few upgrades here and there - every little bit counts! Plus technically you could come out for some of the "newbie" (read: stock) runs we host from time to time at HF, we always find new unexpected lines for the stock folks to take with nothing more than disconnected swaybars :rock:

Did you see the the announcement for the Jeep Experience coming to town Memorial Day Weekend?

Not sure how I've missed this thread till now but I blame being in the UK for the bulk of Feb - welcome back to the fold! Coincidentally my buddy just got himself a 2016 Tundra despite my urging him to go Jeep... so far he's happy but I guess we'll see what happens when he gets close to that 90k mark lol

Anyhow, Subbed, welcome back, and I'm glad you're able to work in a few upgrades here and there - every little bit counts! Plus technically you could come out for some of the "newbie" (read: stock) runs we host from time to time at HF, we always find new unexpected lines for the stock folks to take with nothing more than disconnected swaybars :rock:

Did you see the the announcement for the Jeep Experience coming to town Memorial Day Weekend?

Hey brother it's all good! Very glad to be back. I hope that your buddy doesn't encounter the same problems as I was having but I think mine was just bad luck.

And I'd love to come.. You might have to keep me posted when one pops up. The wife and I never refuse a chance to come to Austin. :)

And I did see that! Looks like a pretty big and awesome event. If only i was free for the weekend :(

Steel sitting comfortably once again inside the station. Put the California Car Duster to work today(terrible pollen) and pulled the freedom tops off.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458077962.043325.jpg

Hey man - was talking to my buddy about his hardtop hoist and he uses kayak lifts. The hooks are better and they look more secure. I know it would be a little more than the $30 ratchet option but it would be worth looking into. Once the weather starts warming up in Wisconsin I may look into doing that instead. I'll keep you updated though.

Hey man - was talking to my buddy about his hardtop hoist and he uses kayak lifts. The hooks are better and they look more secure. I know it would be a little more than the $30 ratchet option but it would be worth looking into. Once the weather starts warming up in Wisconsin I may look into doing that instead. I'll keep you updated though.

I've looked into these! My only problem with spending good money on it is that soon I'll be investing in a soft top as well. Most likely with the Texas climate, I'll be hanging that hard top up and it'll never be brought down eventually. LoL.

They do like a better alternative though :)

Even with just the Freedom panels off, it was still an extremely chilly drive to the gym this morning.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458140473.738850.jpg

So how soon before we start seeing the trektop swaps again ... ;)

Let's see..

I'll just follow the same pattern as last time. I'll get the TrekTop and switch back and forth from a factory soft top every six months or so ;)

Nah, if Onyx taught me anything it was that the trek top is the way to go. I just like the looks and functionality of it. Now, that being said, if I find a smokin' deal on a factory soft top, I might go that route! You'll see!

Agreed. :) if only I could get the whole thing off!

I remove the hard top by myself, it's just a matter of leverage and balance. If you hold just the right places and lift you can walk it away from the jeep and set it on the grass. That's what I did all last year. Have a brand new soft top back home in the world but can't make it small enough to ship it to my APO.... Sucks but I learned the trick to top removal by myself!

I remove the hard top by myself, it's just a matter of leverage and balance. If you hold just the right places and lift you can walk it away from the jeep and set it on the grass. That's what I did all last year. Have a brand new soft top back home in the world but can't make it small enough to ship it to my APO.... Sucks but I learned the trick to top removal by myself!

I must learn this!! LoL!

Top is back on due to some adverse weather coming.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458232280.566194.jpg

Also, after researching as listening to some of your guys ideas, I've rethought and changed my plan for the hard top storage for a more secure and easier experience.

Stay tuned, I hope to have it built by next week :)

Top Bottom