My life with a Brick

I received my reminder texts from Jerry and Jeff, had actually even remembered to call this morning. They returned my call and said the cluster can not be repaired so they are in the process of ordering a new one from Mopar. He said I could keep the old one but there is like a $500 core charge on it. Sounds like bs but I asked for the new one to be black not silver so I can tell it’s actually a different one

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I received my reminder texts from Jerry and Jeff, had actually even remembered to call this morning. They returned my call and said the cluster can not be repaired so they are in the process of ordering a new one from Mopar. He said I could keep the old one but there is like a $500 core charge on it. Sounds like bs but I asked for the new one to be black not silver so I can tell it’s actually a different one

I can tell you that it isn’t BS. Our parts dept will not hand us the new cluster until they get the old one because of how much it is. The charge on those insane.

I assume they have to really be careful of the whole miles being correct

I went to the dealer to get my miles corrected for a replacement cluster and they said they are not allowed to do it. They have to call in vehicle milage and then the new one is shipped pre programmed. Too much temptation for dealers when they have that ability I guess.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes, lots goes into a new cluster being installed.

^ Yep This.

Clusters are like plastic gold.

I went to the dealer to get my miles corrected for a replacement cluster and they said they are not allowed to do it. They have to call in vehicle milage and then the new one is shipped pre programmed. Too much temptation for dealers when they have that ability I guess.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hopefully not lots of labor at $130 an hour [emoji15], if my cluster is completely dead how will they know how to program it?

Top Bottom