Mopar spicer Dana 60

I've been saving for nearly 3 years (May/2012) for my Dynatrac 60/80 combo to become a reality.....they are now 6-8 weeks out from delivery.......I wanted the best of the best and be one and done......3 years went by pretty quickly.....looking forward to the upgrade as my 30/44 combo is showing the wear (D30 C's are bent & axle droop) running 35"s....

~Woodrow~

That's awesome! Hard work pays off. Way to go.

I've been saving for nearly 3 years (May/2012) for my Dynatrac 60/80 combo to become a reality.....they are now 6-8 weeks out from delivery.......I wanted the best of the best and be one and done......3 years went by pretty quickly.....looking forward to the upgrade as my 30/44 combo is showing the wear (D30 C's are bent & axle droop) running 35"s....

~Woodrow~

Congrats! I bet that is a good feeling. :yup:

For the kind of wheeling you have done and still want to do, you've bought EVO suspension parts when you could have bought TeraFlex. You bought ATX Slabs when you could have bought ProComps. Seems to me that you HAVE been justifying the extra cost to get the best possible products on everything else. Just sayin :crazyeyes:

Yes thats my point!

Just sayin :crazyeyes:
This part confuses me (not hard to do) I am trying to say the same thing as you. Basically you get what you pay for. I learned a lot from you when I was going to start building my rig (I'm sure you remember) and I take that lesson into my build. :beer:

That's awesome and congrats to you! It sure is amazing how fast time flys. God only knows I have been doing what I do for over 20 years now and JUST NOW finally have the kind of toys I have always dreamed of. :yup:

You inspired me Eddy.......seeing Moby and GCM's rig on here......watching the JKX videos.....getting all the free knowledge you all have to offer......well it made me commit to building to that level and getting out there and joining in on the fun......I'll be seeing you guys in MOAB in April hopefully if just for a day to have a drink and a bite to eat with the group...

~Woodrow~

For the kind of wheeling you have done and still want to do, you've bought EVO suspension parts when you could have bought TeraFlex. You bought ATX Slabs when you could have bought ProComps. Seems to me that you HAVE been justifying the extra cost to get the best possible products on everything else. Just sayin :crazyeyes:

you have made some really great points here eddie. At the end of the day I plan to get the DTD system next year and it makes no sense putting the best suspension on my Jeep and not get the best axles to go along with it. while it will certainly be over kill on the east coast, my plans are to eventully move out west and hit moab and the rubicon etc. And in all honesty I will be able to afford PR's so theres no need to skimp...

You inspired me Eddy.......seeing Moby and GCM's rig on here......watching the JKX videos.....getting all the free knowledge you all have to offer......well it made me commit to building to that level and getting out there and joining in on the fun......I'll be seeing you guys in MOAB in April hopefully if just for a day to have a drink and a bite to eat with the group...

~Woodrow~

Congrats on the investment. I should be on that MOAB trip and will be awesome to see your rig. :thumb:

- Jason

Welcome to WAL, how about stopping by and giving us a wave.

Btw... what axles are you running with you hemi and 37's?

Thanks! Running factory Rubicon axles with a brake upgrade kit. I have replaced the ball joints and all the steering but I haven't trussed anything. I am ordering the Spicer/Mopar Ultimate 60s in about a month. I am one of the few that hasn't bent anything yet on the D44.

I guess whatever your Spicer rep told you was important enough to sign up here and make this your very first post. BTW, who is your rep and oh, welcome to WAYALIFE.

What you said is true and I've seen as much. I'm just wondering who all these "Spicer reps" are. :idontknow:

I got my information through PMs on their Facebook page. I am not a Spicer Rep just doing a lot of research for the last month before I pull the trigger.

I got my information through PMs on their Facebook page. I am not a Spicer Rep just doing a lot of research for the last month before I pull the trigger.

Never said you were a rep, just found it odd that this is how you chose to make your very first post here. Most people usually take the time to respond to my welcome PM or post up to say hello.

Never said you were a rep, just found it odd that this is how you chose to make your very first post here. Most people usually take the time to respond to my welcome PM or post up to say hello.

No worries. Honestly thought the welcome PM was auto generated so ignored it. The Spicer Rep comment wasn't necessarily for you but for others to see the post. Seems like this Forum is a little bit closer nit than what I am used to which is cool. Looking forward to it. Just trying to pass on recent info that I have gathered for everyone's research.

And hello from Alaska (well currently in Oklahoma going through some training).

I'll start with the front axles:

Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 -

• Standard width is 68.5, but it can be ordered in any width you like.
  • Axle Tubes: 3.125" Outside Diameter x .50" Wall Thickness
  • Axle Shafts: 35 Spline 1541H Chromoly
  • U-Joints: 1480 Spicer
  • Ball Joints - Standard are Original Equipment replacement units. (Unsure of what knuckle they used.)
  • Dynatrac BJs being an upgrade
  • Ring Gear - 9.75"
  • Standard Brakes - 13" Rotor (Upgrade is available)
  • Steering - Custom is required. Dynatrac Tie Rod / Drag Link $495

Mopar / Dana Spicer Ultimate 60 -

• Standard width is 69" and non-customizeable
  • Axle Tubes: 3.5" OD x .370" Wall Thickness (roughly 3/8")
  • Axle Shafts: 35 Spline 4340 Chromoly
  • U-Joints: "New" SPL-70 U-Joint
  • Ball Joints - Standard are Original Equipment replacement units for the application. Unsure of what knuckle they used.
  • Ring Gear - 10"
  • Standard Brakes - 14.73" Rotors (360MM)
  • Steering - Will accept stock drag link, tie rod, and track bar. Track bar bracket is raised and high steer arm is used on the knuckle.

Rear Axles:

Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 REAR: (HIGH PINION and FULL FLOAT)

• Axle Tubes: 3.125" x .50"
  • Axle Shafts: 35 spline 4340 Chromoly
  • Ring Gear - 9.75"
  • U-Joint - 1350
  • Standard Brakes - 13.9" Rotors

Dynatrac Pro Rock 80 - LOW PINION FULL FLOAT

• Axle Tubes: 4" (wall thickness not listed, but it is plenty thick!)
  • Axle Shafts: 40 Spline 3430 Chromoly
  • Ring Gear - Not Listed
  • U-Joint - 1410
  • Standard Brakes - 13.9" Rotors

Mopar / Dana Spicer Ultimate 60 Rear - LOW PINION FULL FLOAT

• Standard width is 69" - No Options
  • Axle Tubes: 3.50" x .390" (25/64" thick or just over 3/8")
  • Axle Shafts: 35 Spline 4340
  • Ring Gear - 9.75"
  • U-Joint - 1350
  • Standard Brakes - 13.7" Rotors

Last edited:
Seems like your prices for the Dynatrac axles are a few thousand too high. Certainly they look higher than what Northridge 4x4 sells them for.

I tried doing a quick comparison at a few fly-by-night smaller vendors like River City Offroad and the like, but it looks like they don't even have the buying power to stock axles.

Regardless. Deals can be had on Dynatrac...not sure I've ever seen a Mopar deal.

Last edited:
Nevermind.

Great job getting all this info consolidated. They only thing I would add is that the Spicer/Mopar rear is Full Float (no option). Also the Mopar come with 35 Spline Warn hubs and 8x6.5 lug pattern (no options).

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom