Mopar spicer Dana 60

I have these axles on order for my two door and I purchased the Dana Spicer version.

I was told by a reliable source that there is indeed separation built into them at just under 10*, much like a Pro Rock 44 Unlimited or similar.

Dynatracs would be awesome, but the extra cost will pay for the new wheels, tires, steering upgrades, driveshafts, ect. Don't forget to factor all of that in if you decide to buy new axles.

What size tire will you be running and what type of wheeling will you be doing? Let us know how the install turns out and some pictures would be really nice along with a review down the road! How long is the turn around time from when you ordered and where did you order them from?
Good luck!

What size tire will you be running and what type of wheeling will you be doing? Let us know how the install turns out and some pictures would be really nice along with a review down the road! How long is the turn around time from when you ordered and where did you order them from?
Good luck!

second that, post some pics, info, and a review of the overall quality etc!

Good luck!

I'll be running 40s on a stretched two door. Wheeling in TX, average rock crawling type stuff. Jeep will see Moab and other parts around the nation after it is finished.

Turn time from Dana Spicer direct is about 3 - 4 weeks right now because the dealers got first release. I didn't like the Jeep diff covers so I am waiting. LOL

Some more info. Caster has been reported to be 6.5deg higher than stock for a net effective 4.5deg per Spicer's build sheet. Is that comparable to a PR?

It's because the mopar dana Spicer comes with an e-locker like the factory rubi dana 44 locker. I believe thats where the comparison is coming from.

There are some companies that will upgrade it to an ARB for another 400 or 600 bucks.

what companies or is this just hear say? no offense but there seems to be a lot of "I heard this" and "according to..." on this thread which to me really isn't saying much. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to separate rumors from facts...

Last edited:
what companies or is this just hear say? no offense but there seems to be a lot of "I heard this" and "according to..." on this thread which to me really isn't saying much. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to separate rumors from facts...

I think we have some guys in this thread who are not being honest of who they are or work for. Hence the need to say I heard this or the rumor is comments.

I could be wrong, but that's never happened before..

see thats more like it lol. they also offer 5.13 gears which is nice. but after adding ARB and gears etc, its almost the price of a Dynatract front...

I bet there's probably some wiggle room. I haven't heard of that company so maybe it's not "true".

I think we have some guys in this thread who are not being honest of who they are or work for. Hence the need to say I heard this or the rumor is comments.

I agree, I can tell you everything I have posted were answers that were shared by the Spicer rep when I emailed the questions. Not sure who or where the other answers on here came from.
I just wanted to see the honest specs on these axles and not the I hear or think they....
They're definitely not Dynatrac PR's but could be an ok choice for someone on a tighter budget. I really want to see/hear from someone that wheels them hard with 40's. That will be the test.
And btw, I have zero affiliation with any part or parts of these axles. :)

Not sure if this comment is about me. I'm as curious as others about these and am just posting what I've found with searching for more information. I mentioned that I'm not sure if that company is legit as Ive never heard of them but would be nice if we had the option of arb and 5.13.

Not sure if this comment is about me. I'm as curious as others about these and am just posting what I've found with searching for more information. I mentioned that I'm not sure if that company is legit as Ive never heard of them but would be nice if we had the option of arb and 5.13.

just to clarify im not saying anyone out here is intentionally putting out incorrect information, but word of mouth can often times distort facts. I like to see spec sheets and hear from people with real world experience. sales reps saying this or that doesnt do much for me because a lot of the time those guys just talk out of their ass to make sales.

It's because the mopar dana Spicer comes with an e-locker like the factory rubi dana 44 locker. I believe thats where the comparison is coming from.

They come with Eaton E-Lockers so I wouldn't compare them to factory e-locker. They will hookup directly to the Rubicon harness there for utilizing the factory switches but you will still have all the restrictions that Jeep implemented for lawsuit protection. But a simple switch can be used to bypass that. Oh, and this also came from a Spicer Rep.

Top Bottom