Kickoff to Summer Sierra Camping Trip 2013: May 24th - 27th

Eddie,

Could you please PM me the directions to the campgrounds you guys might be at?

We were originally planning to meet up in Lone Pine on Friday morning, but don't think we can make it to Mammoth by 9AM, without leaving bako around 4 AM. :crazyeyes:

Looking forward to it! :thumb:

Put your big boy panties on and drive up the night before.

We'll be up late Friday night...

I called Quality Inn and they said they were not dog friendly so I will be camping out Thursday in Mammoth somewhere and meet you all for breakfast on Friday. Can't wait!

If I understand this correct you plan on driving to lone pine friday morning still? Or are you staying in mammoth lakes area / bridgeport?

Last edited:
I do not think I will be able to make this anymore. I am bummed to say the least. I have to move into my new place and only have one day to do it and also have a relative who isn't doing too well. Might have to fly out of state.

I will be awaiting the pics and will see some of you next week. Sorry for the late notice.

I called Quality Inn and they said they were not dog friendly so I will be camping out Thursday in Mammoth somewhere and meet you all for breakfast on Friday. Can't wait!

I believe the Travelodge is good with dogs but, either way, I'll let you know where to meet up with us on Friday.

If I understand this correct you plan on driving to lone pine friday morning still? Or are you staying in mammoth lakes area / bridgeport?

As mentioned, there has been a change in plans and we will be meeting up in Mammoth.

I do not think I will be able to make this anymore. I am bummed to say the least. I have to move into my new place and only have one day to do it and also have a relative who isn't doing too well. Might have to fly out of state.

I will be awaiting the pics and will see some of you next week. Sorry for the late notice.

Oh man really? That just sucks! :grayno:
I hope your move goes well and hope that everything is okay with your relative.

I'll make reservations for the Quality Inn in Mammoth Lakes for Thursday night. Susan and I are excited to go.

Sorry for the delay but I was trying to pull off 2 awesome trips, back 2 back weekends. I'll be at the race track all next weekend. After being shoot down on both have a choice to make, one or the other now. Riding is my first passion so I'll havd to sit this one out & keep eye out for the next trip. Hope you guys have fun!

Sorry for the delay but I was trying to pull off 2 awesome trips, back 2 back weekends. I'll be at the race track all next weekend. After being shoot down on both have a choice to make, one or the other now. Riding is my first passion so I'll havd to sit this one out & keep eye out for the next trip. Hope you guys have fun!

No problem and thanks for the update. I will remove you from the list.

Three Mondays? I'm confused (what's new).

LOL!! I think he's referring to the fact that everyday except Friday and Saturday are Mondays to him :crazyeyes:

Okay, I've heard from most everyone now and I'm happy to say that our group has gotten back down to a much more reasonable size all on it's own. This should make things a lot easier :thumb:

I believe the Travelodge is good with dogs but, either way, I'll let you know where to meet up with us on Friday.

As mentioned, there has been a change in plans and we will be meeting up in Mammoth.

Oh man really? That just sucks! :grayno:
I hope your move goes well and hope that everything is okay with your relative.

Man I am bummed. I will be up there for a week in June but cant get away this weekend. How remote are you guys camping? I know deadmans creek campground between Mammoth and June is free. It is dry camping but has pit restrooms and maybe running water. Sherwynn creek campground out by the motocross track is pretty cool also. Decent fishing and from there you can hike back down towards 395 and there are some cool cave like rock formations you can get into unless the water is too high.
No trip to Mammth is complete without a visit to Mammoth brewery- Thats usually my first stop after unloading. They have plenty of tasty brews. I will be looking forward to hearing which trails you guys run.

Here is a shot at the mines up on Red mountain above Lake Mary a couple years ago.

Attachments

• Mammoth 2011 157 - Copy.JPG
    Mammoth 2011 157 - Copy.JPG
    433.4 KB · Views: 100
Top Bottom