Kickoff to Summer Sierra Camping Trip 2013: May 24th - 27th

Can't wait...

Dianne and I are sure looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. Memorial Weekend is always fun and always surprising! Can't wait. We'll be meeting up Friday morning in Lone Pine at 9:00am. See all soon...

:wings:Will it be pop-up trailer friendly or just tent camping?

Depends on the size of the trailer. Space is limited and there are a lot of people coming.

Dianne and I are sure looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. Memorial Weekend is always fun and always surprising! Can't wait. We'll be meeting up Friday morning in Lone Pine at 9:00am. See all soon...

Looking forward to seeing you two - it's been a long time!!

UPDATE
Okay everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that we've scoped out the area last weekend and found a few spots that can accommodate about 20 Jeeps and so pretty much everyone who signed has been bumped up to the "going" list. Unfortunately, we are doing this on a holiday weekend and so you need to know that there's no guarantee that we'll be able to get any of these spots and we may have to get creative on how we do this. Even if we can a spot, things will be tight. For those of you who are coming late, I will be PMing directions and all the potential locations we will try to setup at next week. Please let me know if you have any questions and/or are still committed to going as soon as possible.

Susan and I are in. Susan will get off work early Friday. We should be in Lone Pine at about 4pm Friday

Last edited:
Could you give me more info on where you guys will be going....staying in the area? Going north or south? How many miles? I'm still a maybe until I have more info.

Could you give me more info on where you guys will be going....staying in the area? Going north or south? How many miles? I'm still a maybe until I have more info.

I'm not going to speak for Eddie, but on previous runs I've been on you generally you show up and play follow the leader. :yup:

I'm not going to speak for Eddie, but on previous runs I've been on you generally you show up and play follow the leader. :yup:

Sounds like fun! I was hoping you guys would head north since I'm driving south to the meet point...lol. I'll confirm by this weekend.

Not going to be able to make this trip unfortunately. Hope you all have a great time. I look forward to seeing photos of the journey. Cheers.

Okay everyone, the list has been updated and pretty much everyone who expressed interest in coming is on. This run is officially full and if for some reason you can't make it, I would be grateful if you could please let me know as soon as possible.

We will be camping up near Bridgeport. If you will be coming for sure, let me know and I will send you directions as to where we will be.

Not going to be able to make this trip unfortunately. Hope you all have a great time. I look forward to seeing photos of the journey. Cheers.

Bummer, I was really hoping you could join us on this one.

UPDATE
For those of you who can head out early, Cindy and I will be heading up to Mammoth Lakes on Thursday and staying the night there. The plan is to get an early start on Friday and to try and secure a good campsite. If you'd like to join us, we will be staying at the Quality Inn. If you want to meet up with us on Friday, we'll be doing breakfast at 8:00 AM and rolling by 9:00 AM. If you can't leave till Saturday morning or are coming up late, let me know and I will PM you directions to all the possible campsites we will most likely be at.

BE SURE TO BRING THE FOLLOWING
In addition to food, water, camping gear and clothing, please be aware that you will be required to also bring the following:

WOOD - It will be cold at night and wood cutting in the area is prohibited. EVERYONE will be required to bring at least 1 bundle of wood, 2 is preferable.
SMALL SHOVEL - There is nothing more disgusting than to see crap and/or stained toilet paper all over the place. Needless to say, I am insisting that you come prepared to BURY your crap and toilet paper in a hole at least 6" deep. A small shovel will help you to do this more effectively. Of course, if you can hold it, there will be vault toilets available a couple of miles up the road from where we will be camping.
TRASH BAGS - You need to be responsible for your own trash and hauling it out.
CASH - There is a chance that we will be visiting the Ghost Town of Bodie on this trip. If we do, there is a fee to get in and they only accept cash so please come prepared.

I will post additional updates as needed here. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Eddie,

Could you please PM me the directions to the campgrounds you guys might be at?

We were originally planning to meet up in Lone Pine on Friday morning, but don't think we can make it to Mammoth by 9AM, without leaving bako around 4 AM. :crazyeyes:

Looking forward to it! :thumb:

Eddie,

Could you please PM me the directions to the campgrounds you guys might be at?

We were originally planning to meet up in Lone Pine on Friday morning, but don't think we can make it to Mammoth by 9AM, without leaving bako around 4 AM. :crazyeyes:

Looking forward to it! :thumb:

Will do and I apologize for the change in plans. I just wanted to do all that I could to help ensure we got a good spot. In the end, it still may not be enough.

Top Bottom