Inflation? What Inflation - LOL

If you believe the Senate no longer represents the will of the people in their respective states, why wouldn’t you not want to dissolve the Senate entirely?

🤣😂

Ah, that’s not what I said.

I just want them to put it back to where it was before they broke it so it works as it was intended.

🤣😂

Ah, that’s not what I said.

I just want them to put it back to where it was before they broke it so it works as it was intended.
So you would like the Senate to be chosen by the House of Representatives and not be elected by the people of their states…

So you would like the Senate to be chosen by the House of Representatives and not be elected by the people of their states…

🤔

It’s pretty clear that I want to go back to what the founders intended as written in Article 1, section 3 of the US Constitution.

It seems really simple to understand.

🤔

It’s pretty clear that I want to go back to what the founders intended as written in Article 1, section 3 of the US Constitution.

It seems really simple to understand.
Constitutional scholars debate on what the Founders intended since it was written, with no clear consensus. Some people think they know exactly what our Founders intended…

As I said my understanding. I am admitting this is what I’ve heard from others though it is not an area I have studied lately.
The federal government survived just fine on tariffs for many years. How about we stuff DC back in its lane and stop their stealing. One great way to do that is a return to only tariffs. Yes companies don’t pay taxes people do but that also creates an avenue for a local company to produce the same cheaper. Not a perfect solution but beats the heck out of what we have now.

If the FedGov stuck to their enumerated powers and were involved in only paying for those actions they would not need the trillions of taxpayer dollars they now crave.

Constitutional scholars debate on what the Founders intended since it was written, with no clear consensus. Some people think they know exactly what our Founders intended…

The Constitution is not complicated. That is a false narrative advanced by elitists and Progressives.

The Constitution was written for the common person of that time to understand. It’s an operating manual for the Nation.

The Founders wrote exactly what they meant in letters to each other and those are featured in ‘The Federalist Papers’. These communications spell out exactly what they meant. You should read them sometime, they are not hard to understand

Most individuals who want to complicate the Constitution are those trying to subvert it by attempting to become ’Gate Keepers’ and making you believe only they possess the interpretation. That behavior is typical of tyrants.

Some who attempt to make it complicated are wanting to profit from that false complication, some who don’t understand it are simply ignorant and because they cannot understand it they assume nobody else can comprehend it either.

The Constitution is not complicated. That is a false narrative advanced by elitists and Progressives.

The Constitution was written for the common person of that time to understand. It’s an operating manual for the Nation.

The Founders wrote exactly what they meant in letters to each other and those are featured in ‘The Federalist Papers’. These communications spell out exactly what they meant. You should read them sometime, they are not hard to understand

Most individuals who want to complicate the Constitution are those trying to subvert it by attempting to become ’Gate Keepers’ and making you believe only they possess the interpretation. That behavior is typical of tyrants.

Some who attempt to make it complicated are wanting to profit from that false complication, some who don’t understand it are simply ignorant and because they cannot understand it they assume nobody else can comprehend it either.
Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

The thing is, people wanted freedom back in 1776 so they wrote what they meant. People today want their freedoms to be told to them and want big government so they like to read into things that aren’t there.

The Constitution can be complicated for example the phrase "shall not be infringed" has been interpreted by Constitutional scholars to actually mean "infringed often".
Yeah that’s a very confusing phrase isn’t it? We need some pointy headed college perfesser to interpret what that means.

I was just going to mention The Federal Papers lol. Glad I'm not alone that that was the first thing that came to mind.

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. Keep government as small as possible. That's kinda the summary for anyone who doesn't want to take the time to read them.

It’s been a minute since I’ve read the Constitution in it’s entirety or the The Federalist Papers…I’m going to read them again when I get back…

It’s been a minute since I’ve read the Constitution in it’s entirety or the The Federalist Papers…I’m going to read them again when I get back…
I’d say the vast majority of the country has NEVER read it. In fact I’d be willing to wager most don’t even know the purpose of the constitution.

The senators were never chosen by the House of Representatives. They were elected or appointed by the states legislatures. Huge difference.
So you would like the senate to be appointed by the state legislative body, and recall them whenever they don’t do their bidding instead of being voted in by the people of the state…

Guess I’ll buck the trend and readily admit that I don’t think the Constitution should be viewed as a document that was perfect as written, that it should never be amended under any circumstance, or that it should not be viewed (at least somewhat) through the lens of its application to what the country currently looks like versus what it looked like in 1788.

As a father of a daughter, I’m quite glad that someone figured out women are not chattel and that their votes and voices have value.

So you would like the senate to be appointed by the state legislative body, and recall them whenever they don’t do their bidding instead of being voted in by the people of the state…
Don’t forget, Congressmen are elected by popular vote

Guess I’ll buck the trend and readily admit that I don’t think the Constitution should be viewed as a document that was perfect as written, that it should never be amended under any circumstance, or that it should not be viewed (at least somewhat) through the lens of its application to what the country currently looks like versus what it looked like in 1788.

As a father of a daughter, I’m quite glad that someone figured out women are not chattel and that their votes and voices have value.

The Constitution was not perfect as written- nothing is, however at the time it was written it set a completely new paradigm, nothing like it had ever existed in history. Most people don’t understand how the world was at that time. Nobody had rights, your property and lives were NOT yours. They could be taken from you at any time for no reason at all other than the will of a ‘sovereign’.

There is a method to amend it the Constitution - obviously as it’s been done- for better (13th Amendment) or for the worse (16th, 17th, 18th Amendments). The Founders made this amendment process very arduous - for a reason. Remember at one time in history most humans in the world had a favorable view of slavery- a classic case of the 51% oppressing the 49%. Just because something is popular doesn’t mean it’s right. That’s why democracies ultimately fail- tyranny of the majority.

The Founders studied all previous forms of Gov and crafted ours based on the success and failures throughout history. It’s amazing how ignorant most individuals are of all of this background information, that is by design and largely why we find ourselves in our current situation.

Top Bottom