In The Shop - Disciple Off Road

Got 4wd again. It’s amazing how you can tear down a Jeep to the frame, redo everything with electrical, plumbing and suspension BUT the ONE thing you never touch causes you issues haha

After further inspection, it appeared I had been missing a bolt on the transfer case cable bracket for some time causing it to bend over time and to the point it wasn’t allowing thing to shift fully into gear, even after putting on a new bolt and plastic $9 clip (which of course only come in a pack of 4).

We had also bee experiencing a faulty Dorman tcase position sensor so got a Mopar one back in. All is good now and working way better.

Now it’s time to go crawl this thing.

IMG_5544.jpeg

Got 4wd again. It’s amazing how you can tear down a Jeep to the frame, redo everything with electrical, plumbing and suspension BUT the ONE thing you never touch causes you issues haha

After further inspection, it appeared I had been missing a bolt on the transfer case cable bracket for some time causing it to bend over time and to the point it wasn’t allowing thing to shift fully into gear, even after putting on a new bolt and plastic $9 clip (which of course only come in a pack of 4).

We had also bee experiencing a faulty Dorman tcase position sensor so got a Mopar one back in. All is good now and working way better.

Now it’s time to go crawl this thing.

View attachment 411071

I’ll give you $2.25 for one of those plastic parts if you cover shipping…just trying to help you out. lol.

Sorry to hear about your experience with the Dorman part.

I bought their windshield washer nozzle and it was completely defective. Weak stream, barely hit the windshield.

However their aluminum oil filter housing has been amazing…hit or miss, I guess…

Finally got to hit some dirt today with good friends and test out the new suspension.

All I can say is I was all smiles the entire day having a blast. It’s a completely different Jeep and a whole new experience. I can’t get enough.

Some shots at the tower looking out towards Shaver Lake.

IMG_5654.jpeg
IMG_5657.jpeg
IMG_5656.jpeg
IMG_5655.jpeg

Playing around on Posi Hill obstacle.

IMG_5650.jpeg
IMG_5648.jpeg
IMG_5646.jpeg
IMG_5663.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom