How Many Times have you been Pulled Over in Your Jeep?

At what point do you need mud flaps in cali? 37s?

Technically, you can get pulled over with 35's if your tires stick out past the fenders. It really depends on the cop but, for the most part, I find that most people running 37's are left alone so long as they are running factory fenders and a big full width rear bumper.

Currently running 4.5 backspacing so the tires barely stick past the bushwacker flat fenders. It'll be a different story with the 37's though. .:cool:

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

LOL!! I do believe this one was wearing blue. :crazyeyes:

In all fairness, I got pulled over between Mammoth and Bridgeport, an area that I (and many others) have been pulled over in the past for not having mud flaps. It's weird because I passed several CHP's earlier in the day and one even followed us for a bit up by Ridgecrest but never gave us grief. For some reason, the boys in blue up there have a real hard on for Jeeps without mud flaps. The officer even suggested that the crack in my windshield was probably from someone just like me.

They probably drive FJ's jealous:eek:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
So, about a week ago, Cindy and I were on our way out to do a run in another state and about as soon as we crossed into it, I got lit up by a black and white. Being that I was driving the speed limit and minding my own business, I could only guess as to why I was being pulled over. Of course, I'm sure you can take a pretty good guess too...

IMG_8170.jpg

When the officer walked up to the window with eyes wide open, I was quickly informed that I had an awesome Jeep but that I was in desperate need of "something to prevent small children and cats from being thrown at other cars!" He would continue to say that "there surely must be laws against what I was running in Nevada" and was surprised to hear me say that there wasn't. Fortunately, the officer was a nice guy and really funny and as luck would have it, a Jeep enthusiast. Needless to say, he explained that he had to pull me over but would be letting me off. :cool:

Anyway, I just thought I would update my list with this incident :crazyeyes:

So, about a week ago, Cindy and I were on our way out to do a run in another state and about as soon as we crossed into it, I got lit up by a black and white. Being that I was driving the speed limit and minding my own business, I could only guess as to why I was being pulled over. Of course, I'm sure you can take a pretty good guess

When the officer walked up to the window with eyes wide open, I was quickly informed that I had an awesome Jeep but that I was in desperately in need of "something to prevent small children and cats from being thrown at other cars!" He would continue to say that "there surely must be laws against what I was running in Nevada" and was surprised to hear me say that there wasn't. Fortunately, the officer was a nice guy and really funny and as luck would have it, a Jeep enthusiast. Needless to say, he explained that he had to pull me over but would be letting me off. :cool:

Anyway, I just thought I would update my list with this incident :crazyeyes:

Is that a new Caprice back there?

We don't have many issues out here in Arizona and right now I have no third brake light or side marker lights in the front, my fat 15.5" wide tires stick well outside the body and cut fender flares. Enough ammo for a "fix it" ticket out here but Mrs. Bigtars gets lit up one morning going to work not for speeding or any of the above mentioned.... but because of the limo tint on the front Windows. HAHAHA.

Makes me wonder how many times the previous owner of this lovely rig got pulled over in Cali. :beer:

Pulled over by DPS Trooper southeast of Amarillo....no front license plate.

He was going the other way, flipped his lights, flipped around and burned 4 gallons of gas all becausey front license plate was off.

Now that's my tax money at work...I get to pay for some juvenile cop to burn $16 of fuel playing like they are Roscoe P Coltrane!

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

He was going the other way, flipped his lights, flipped around and burned 4 gallons of gas all becausey front license plate was off.

Now that's my tax money at work...I get to pay for some juvenile cop to burn $16 of fuel playing like they are Roscoe P Coltrane!

Did you get a ticket?

How are bad guys found? How are stolen jeeps recovered? How is stolen property recovered?

Believe it or not something as simple as a cheesy no front plate stop can actually bring some good stuff with it.

Yeah I know getting pulled over sucks and getting tickets it's even worse. I just wanted to point out that there is no reason to slam the guy for just doing his job.

Hahaha you're attitude make me laugh. It's attitudes such as these that make policing tough nowadays. EVERYONE has an opinion about how police should spend their time and resources. But I'll bet anybody that's needed help RIGHT NOW, would beg for that same guy/gal in uniform to come to the rescue...... Ignorance.

Hahaha you're attitude make me laugh. It's attitudes such as these that make policing tough nowadays. EVERYONE has an opinion about how police should spend their time and resources. But I'll bet anybody that's needed help RIGHT NOW, would beg for that same guy/gal in uniform to come to the rescue...... Ignorance.

Not if it costs $16 in gas....

Top Bottom