Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

Sorry in advance for the rant!

Dealers drive me up the wall.
10,800 miles and I'm leaking oil from the rear main seal. Take it in, leave it, no loaner, leave for the weekend and come back to find out they took the liberty to change my oil, replace filters and charge me for it. Say they had to change oil because there was not enough oil left in the engine since it leaked out. They said they could not cover the oil change under warranty. I said I'm not paying for it. They proceed to tell me to take it up with FCA directly. (I know how that conversation would go). So I have the service advisor explain to me the difference in what they would do if there was enough oil left in the engine.
He said they would just put it back in the engine and done.
So I said all you are changing me for is the oil itself and no labor?
He said no, for the full oil change.
(I'm starting to get perplexed)
He then says he called me and left a message that he needed to change the oil over the weekend. I was out of the country so I didn't get that message.
I asked him if he took the liberty to do a full oil change on his own without permission from me and he said yes. Then he replaced my oil change needed at 13,000 miles sticker (I just changed the oil less that 500 miles earlier) with his own and said he didn't see the sticker and didn't know the oil was just changed.
I told him to leave and asked the cashier for a manager. She called him, mentioned the techs name, and that I didn't think I should pay for an oil change because of a warranty issue. Looked at me, smiled and handed me the keys and said I was good to go. It's like they knew the whole time and we're just trying to screw me... Grrr

Rant over.

Happy to have her back.

Sorry in advance for the rant!

Dealers drive me up the wall.
10,800 miles and I'm leaking oil from the rear main seal. Take it in, leave it, no loaner, leave for the weekend and come back to find out they took the liberty to change my oil, replace filters and charge me for it. Say they had to change oil because there was not enough oil left in the engine since it leaked out. They said they could not cover the oil change under warranty. I said I'm not paying for it. They proceed to tell me to take it up with FCA directly. (I know how that conversation would go). So I have the service advisor explain to me the difference in what they would do if there was enough oil left in the engine.
He said they would just put it back in the engine and done.
So I said all you are changing me for is the oil itself and no labor?
He said no, for the full oil change.
(I'm starting to get perplexed)
He then says he called me and left a message that he needed to change the oil over the weekend. I was out of the country so I didn't get that message.
I asked him if he took the liberty to do a full oil change on his own without permission from me and he said yes. Then he replaced my oil change needed at 13,000 miles sticker (I just changed the oil less that 500 miles earlier) with his own and said he didn't see the sticker and didn't know the oil was just changed.
I told him to leave and asked the cashier for a manager. She called him, mentioned the techs name, and that I didn't think I should pay for an oil change because of a warranty issue. Looked at me, smiled and handed me the keys and said I was good to go. It's like they knew the whole time and we're just trying to screw me... Grrr

Rant over.

Happy to have her back.

Glad you got her back, I've been through a few run-arounds with dealerships with my wife's previous car and they are quite the pain in the ass.

Glad you got her back, I've been through a few run-arounds with dealerships with my wife's previous car and they are quite the pain in the ass.

Yeah it made the fact that I had to have the rear main seal replaced after only 10k miles seem not that bad!!

Hey guys, we're thinking of heading over to city center at 7pm today, they have a zz top cover band, and sounds like a good time if anyone would like to join. Sorry for late notice

Hey guys, we're thinking of heading over to city center at 7pm today, they have a zz top cover band, and sounds like a good time if anyone would like to join. Sorry for late notice

Sounds cool, wish I could go. I'm free next weekend if anything is going on.

Sounds cool, wish I could go. I'm free next weekend if anything is going on.

Next weekend we have the AIA sandcastle compitition in Galveston. All the local Archetecture Firms compete and being that my wifey is an archetect, we will be there shaping sand...
If you're not busy, the sandcastles will be on point for sure! :thumb:

Last edited:
Next weekend we have the sandcastle compitition in Galveston. All the local Archetecture Firms compete and being that my wifey is an archetect, we will be there shaping sand...
If you're not busy, the sandcastles will be on point for sure! (y)

Sweet, the kids would love that. We'll come out. What are the times?

for those interested, here are a few pics from last year

where it all starts, at 10am they blow the whistle and the teams are allowed to start moving sand

20150530_094356.jpg

20150530_094421.jpg

now OBVIOUSLY, I was Helping my Fiance's company build, so I didn't get any pics until we finished ours and I could walk around and check out everyone elses. but as I said, the sand castles will be ON POINT :thumb:

20150530_154919.jpg

20150530_155344.jpg

20150530_160217.jpg

20150530_160651.jpg

My Fiance's company last year made a working sun Sand Dial. Accurate with in about 15 minutes... It is pretty damn cool in our own nerdy way, Just not as visually elaborate... unfortunately, MOST of the public didn't get it, Much less understand that it was a working clock... :doh: anyway, here are my 2 Ladies and the sand sundial :rock:

20150530_161833.jpg

Last edited:
for those interested, here are a few pics from last year

where it all starts, at 10am they blow the whistle and the teams are allowed to start moving sand

View attachment 205546

View attachment 205547

now OBVIOUSLY, I was Helping my Fiance's company build, so I didn't get any pics until we finished ours and I could walk around and check out everyone elses. but as I said, the sand castles will be ON POINT :thumb:

View attachment 205548

View attachment 205549

View attachment 205550

View attachment 205551

My Fiance's company last year made a working sun Sand Dial. Accurate with in about 15 minutes... It is pretty damn cool in our own nerdy way, Just not as visually elaborate... unfortunately, MOST of the public didn't get it, Much less understand that it was a working clock... :doh: anyway, here are my 2 Ladies and the sand sundial :rock:

View attachment 205553

We went a couple years ago, and it is awesome to see.

I wish we could make it out there this year, but this damn job keeps getting in the way. Lol

We went a couple years ago, and it is awesome to see.

I wish we could make it out there this year, but this damn job keeps getting in the way. Lol

*cough cough*

You feeling ok Kyle? Maybe you should call in next weekend... haha :p

Edit: I'm kidding of course. We won't be able to socialize much until after the compition anyway.

Last edited:
*cough cough*

You feeling ok Kyle? Maybe you should call in next weekend... haha :p

Edit: I'm kidding of course. We won't be able to socialize much until after the compition anyway.

Lol, I am feeling a little under the weather :blush:

Hard to call in sick when I work from home though, lol.

What's everybody doing next weekend though (weekend of 6/11)? Maybe a day at the beach, or a suds n grub or something? :beer:

What's everybody doing next weekend though (weekend of 6/11)? Maybe a day at the beach, or a suds n grub or something? :beer:

I'd be down for a suds n grub. Going to the beach next weekend.

We are most likely available. Any idea on location and time? Evening would be better for us...after 6pm. This flooding has jacked up our house work schedule so we will be doing some of that during the day.

We are most likely available. Any idea on location and time? Evening would be better for us...after 6pm. This flooding has jacked up our house work schedule so we will be doing some of that during the day.

No idea on location or time, I literally just threw it out there to see who all might be free.

Late afternoon/evening could work, maybe somewhere somewhat centralized being as we are all scattered throughout the city and suburbs?

I'm racking my brain right now trying to think of somewhere, potentially inside the loop, with enough parking/room for a decent sized group.

Thats an awesome idea. Im down for a suds n grub as well. Theres a place next to the childrens museum that i used to love going to. Havent been there in about half a year but was always amazing. And if and when the street parking is full. Theres a parking lot right next to it [emoji106]🏻

Top Bottom