Fallen Heros Jeep - Eddie is Anti-Veterans

I can see where his sponsors would be in a tough spot. As stated earlier, I would imagine there are some questions being made in a private manner. I was surprised to see JCR vouch for his legitimacy in spite lack of evidence. The reality is that even if he is on the up-and-up. He has behaved in a manner unbecoming of his purpose. As I stated in JKF: When you take peoples money on behalf of a charity you owe them full disclosure on where the funds went. If he is unwilling to do he shouldn't be in the gig.

So, as I had mentioned earlier, I have been speaking so some of his sponsors and I have yet to see any of them take a public stance like JCR has. Coincidence? I think not.

In my opinion the sponsors look bad too. (And this is why they should be asking questions) When a charity or charity like purpose is sponsored I assume a level of legitimacy for that purpose. It's pretty sad that either they didn't do homework to protect themselves and their followers, or they were more interested in the affiliation for advertisement and social tags.

This is why I SPECIFICALLY have this rule in place:

While WAYALIFE.com is willing to support and help promote legitimate non-profit organizations, charities and charitable events, we do require proof of their 501(c)(3) status be provided as well as have a detailed record of what they've accomplished and offer full disclosure of how their proceeds are distributed. Any and all non-profit organizations, charities, charitable events or their websites that are posted on WAYALIFE.com and cannot be verified by the IRS as having a legitimate 501(c)(3) status will not be allowed, PERIOD. 3rd party organizations or businesses that attempt to promote themselves by hosting charitable events will be required to provide proof that they are in fact working with a specific non-profit organization or charity and that proceeds collected from the event will in fact be going to them. Please note, it is the responsibility of the member who wishes to make posts regarding non-profit organizations, charities and charitable events to obtain and provide this information to the administrator.

http://wayalife.com/faq.php?faq=wayaliferules#faq_nonprofitpost

But in all fairness, I can see how a big company would rather just give out a relatively inexpensive product off their shelves and get some positive press rather than deal with the negative press they might get if they refused to help out. I have and still see it all the time - hell, even in this case, I become Anti-veteran just for having a rule for a run that took place 2 weeks ago that may have required the removal of a decal on a Jeep that had no intensions of coming :rolleyes2:

Has anyone checked to see if his account on JKF is still active? I would but I haven't been to Trollville in so long I forgot my password accidentally on purpose, lol.

I guess I have my months wrong. Says here he removed his donation button in May? I swear I saw it yesterday? :thinking:

http://www.fallenheroesjeep.com/qa/

Looks like desperate damage control to me … Amazing that this guy opened up this whoop-ass on himself. Amazing that his sponsor JKF deleted his thread and have otherwise been silent.

Last edited:
Has anyone checked to see if his account on JKF is still active? I would but I haven't been to Trollville in so long I forgot my password accidentally on purpose, lol.

The account is still active (just checked). The screenshot with the bumper above was from another thread of his. People are starting to continue yesterdays shenanigans in that thread.

It also looks like he visited at 2a this morning in spite of the fact he said he would no longer be visiting the forum because he would be at another "event".

In my opinion the sponsors look bad too. (And this is why they should be asking questions) When a charity or charity like purpose is sponsored I assume a level of legitimacy for that purpose.

Exactly!

JCR is taking a very bold stance on this and I personally think this is a bad move on their part. It is ok to stand up to protect ones character and what he states to be doing, but to defend ones actions is another. In JCR's case they are boldly standing behind him by continuing to offer this "donation" (bumper) to him (or as Robert stated "us" ) to raise money for this cause, whether it be by someone else selling t-shirts or not. A "donation" is a donation and technically has to be claimed on their taxes since he is not a 501c3. Is he or anyone claiming this?...I don't know. I understand that you do not need to be a 501c3 in order to recieve donations, but I believe that you then hold yourself financially responsible for the taxes on these items when you give them away (please correct me if I'm wrong with this, this is the way I am understanding it). So, yes all this will probably will not come back to bite JCR or any of his sponsors in anyway other than loosing respect from those who know whats going on.

Last edited:
So, as I had mentioned earlier, I have been speaking so some of his sponsors and I have yet to see any of them take a public stance like JCR has. Coincidence? I think not.

But in all fairness, I can see how a big company would rather just give out a relatively inexpensive product off their shelves and get some positive press rather than deal with the negative press they might get if they refused to help out. I have and still see it all the time - hell, even in this case, I become Anti-veteran just for having a rule for a run that took place 2 weeks ago that may have required the removal of a decal on a Jeep that had no intensions of coming :rolleyes2:

I see Dynomax is a sponsor there too. Maybe they'll step up and disassociate themselves? :idontknow:

Edit: Or at least further investigate the guy.

The account is still active (just checked). The screenshot with the bumper above was from another thread of his. People are starting to continue yesterdays shenanigans in that thread.

It also looks like he visited at 2a this morning in spite of the fact he said he would no longer be visiting the forum because he would be at another "event".

JCR needs to distance themselves and others will follow. They currently have the most skin in the game as I'm sure the bumper deal was in the works long before yesterday.

Some legit posters over there are questioning the censorship. I can applaud that, if nothing else.

- Jason

As mentioned, Fallen Heros Jeep still has an entire sub-forum dedicated to them. They still have JKF's full support. Of course, it was their senior moderators that were the first to embrace him so it really shouldn't be any surprise.

Suprised.... No, Saddened.... Yes!

Why saddened? :thinking:

I guess I have my months wrong. Says here he removed his donation button in May? I swear I saw it yesterday? :thinking:

http://www.fallenheroesjeep.com/qa/

Looks like desperate damage control to me … Amazing that this guy opened up this whoop-ass on himself. Amazing that his sponsor JKF deleted his thread and have otherwise been silent.

:cheesy: Clearly you're just a anti-veteran hater making this stuff up just to make such an honorable guy look bad :cheesy:

Mods must be sleeping in. :crazyeyes:

:cheesy: That is the truth!! :D

I see Dynomax is a sponsor there too. Maybe they'll step up and disassociate themselves? :idontknow:

Edit: Or at least further investigate the guy.

Well, they are definitely aware of what's been going on. If you look at the bottom of the screen, you can see they've been following this thread. I can only imagine their silence on the topic is a strategic move.

As mentioned, Fallen Heros Jeep still has an entire sub-forum dedicated to them. They still have JKF's full support. Of course, it was their senior moderators that were the first to embrace him so it really shouldn't be any surprise.

Why saddened? :thinking:

:cheesy: Clearly you're just a anti-veteran hater making this stuff up just to make such an honorable guy look bad :cheesy:

Funny how all the dots are starting to connect. I'd guess mr desert jeep had something to do with the disappearing thread act. He's probably still asleep as it was deleted between 1-2 am, the last time Basil was on to confirm it was deleted by his mod buddy. Whose censoring what now??? Hmmm.

- Jason

JCR needs to distance themselves and others will follow. They currently have the most skin in the game as I'm sure the bumper deal was in the works long before yesterday.

Some legit posters over there are questioning the censorship. I can applaud that, if nothing else.

- Jason

You're kidding right. In case you missed it, JCR just got done ENDORSING and VOUCHING for Robert Basil and his Fallen Heros Jeep "not-for-profit" organization. In other words, they are EMBRACING this scammer and have no intensions of distancing themselves from him.

You're kidding right. In case you missed it, JCR just got done ENDORSING and VOUCHING for Robert Basil and his Fallen Heros Jeep "not-for-profit" organization. In other words, they are EMBRACING this scammer and have no intensions of distancing themselves from him.

Didn't someone mention that JCR was actually asking people to add (like or whatever it's called) this guy on Facewhore right before all this happened?

Didn't someone mention that JCR was actually asking people to add (like or whatever it's called) this guy on Facewhore right before all this happened?

Yup. Just when all this was starting to blow up, they went around sending a FB requests to LIKE the Fallen Heros Jeep page. In fact, Cindy was on their list and got one too :cheesy:

Top Bottom