F-Cracker the Gladiator build

Today I did some maintenance on F-Cracker. It’s my Lovely Wife’s daily driver and we are out of free oil changes and tire rotations.

Laying out all my items. Between today and tomorrow I am going to rotate the tires, change oil and filter, change engine air filter, change the cabin air filter, and change the fuel filter.

View attachment 413772

Old school in the driveway floor jack and jack stands. Someday I want a legit garage with a lift. That’s going to happen when I move to Nevada! I want to be like Eddie!

View attachment 413773

Since this is a diesel it takes 9 quarts of this Platinum ‘Euro’. Shit is expensive.

View attachment 413774

It’s also made from Natural Gas? 🤔😳

View attachment 413775

The oil filter is interesting and is on the driver side of the engine located about halfway up the side. Not anything like a gas motor.

View attachment 413776

The Mopar diesel oil and fuel filters do not seem as commonly available as parts for the gas motors. A company called Doc’s seems to have most of these parts available. I’m pretty sure it all comes from the same factory in China anyway. 🤬

View attachment 413777

I really enjoy working on my Jeeps. I’m definitely not fast and,I’d be broke as fuck if I was running a business and charging by the hour, but it’s truly enjoyable. Although the deer tried to sneak up on me and I was forced to listen to my moocher Woodpeckers complain the entire time because they thought I was too close to their Dining Area. 🙄

It was a great day.

View attachment 413778

View attachment 413779

View attachment 413780

View attachment 413781
Damn! Almost like a classic disney film in your yard while you undoubtedly whistled while you worked.

Today I did some maintenance on F-Cracker. It’s my Lovely Wife’s daily driver and we are out of free oil changes and tire rotations.

Laying out all my items. Between today and tomorrow I am going to rotate the tires, change oil and filter, change engine air filter, change the cabin air filter, and change the fuel filter.

View attachment 413772

Old school in the driveway floor jack and jack stands. Someday I want a legit garage with a lift. That’s going to happen when I move to Nevada! I want to be like Eddie!

View attachment 413773

Since this is a diesel it takes 9 quarts of this Platinum ‘Euro’. Shit is expensive.

View attachment 413774

View attachment 413775

The oil filter is interesting and is on the driver side of the engine located about halfway up the side. Not anything like a gas motor.

View attachment 413776

The Mopar diesel oil and fuel filters do not seem as commonly available as parts for the gas motors. A company called Doc’s seems to have most of these parts available. I’m pretty sure it all comes from the same factory in China anyway. 🤬

View attachment 413777

I really enjoy working on my Jeeps. I’m definitely not fast and,I’d be broke as fuck if I was running a business and charging by the hour, but it’s truly enjoyable. Although the deer tried to sneak up on me and I was forced to listen to my moocher Woodpeckers complain the entire time because they thought I was too close to their Dining Area. 🙄

It was a great day.

View attachment 413778

View attachment 413779

View attachment 413780

View attachment 413781
Awesome 👍🏻

View attachment 413772

View attachment 413773

View attachment 413774

View attachment 413775

View attachment 413776

View attachment 413777

It was a great day.

View attachment 413778

View attachment 413779

View attachment 413780

View attachment 413781
Still liking the Diesel? I enjoy when I get to drive one at work but don’t know if I’d get one over the 3.6 for longevity purposes.

Still liking the Diesel? I enjoy when I get to drive one at work but don’t know if I’d get one over the 3.6 for longevity purposes.

The diesel is great, lots of power and good mileage. It will be even better without the crazy amount of emissions crap that’s been hung around its neck. Diesel engines have incredible potential but the Greenies HATE them and they have been heavily burdened with needless emissions gadgets.

20200812-Kamala-Harris-03.jpg

The diesel is great, lots of power and good mileage. It will be even better without the crazy amount of emissions crap that’s been hung around its neck. Diesel engines have incredible potential but the Greenies HATE them and they have been heavily burdened with needless emissions gadgets.
Good to hear. Hope I can find one in the future even though they were only built for such a limited amount of years. If not I have no problem with the 3.6.

Feel free to delete our postings, including the initial one by kevman, which prompted my own posts.
Bob you completely miscomprehended what Kevman said, in which he was sarcastically implying he was unaware Clay had a Jeep, even though he clearly posts many of trips he does in his numerous Jeeps. Nobody is talking about you or Overlander but please, feel free to see it as if he was. Nobody cares.

Top Bottom