End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

I know it's a ways off, but I wanted to go ahead and start a thread to begin planning a Uwharrie run for the end of summer. I would like to plan it for end of July to beginning of August and try to get as many groups together as possible. Since I've never been, it would be great to get some assistance from some of you that are familiar with the area when it comes to lodging and trails. I believe it would be best to have groups of 5-7 rigs, depending on attendance, to somewhat separate things out. Let the planning begin!!

*I will continue to update this first post as plans are firmed up.

Going as of 5/7:
1. thardy - Hard Group (riding with Grubbicon)
2. jkwebbie - Hard Group
3. MR.Ty - Medium Group*
4. MedixJK - Hard Group
5. JSTJPN - Hard Group
6. 05Jeeper - Easy Group*
7. ZachsXJ
8. Dubzy
9. Grubbicon - Hard Group
10. Frogmech - Medium Group
11. Blawson4070
12. ScoobyCarolanNC
13. Dana Jones
14. scrhino
15. MadMedicJK - Hard Group
16. moorecb3
17. Nattier237
18. Mike (Frogmech's buddy) - Medium Group
19. El Toro - Medium Group
20. Kyle09Rubi
21. JeepinLife
22. force5
23. hhunter050 - Hard Group
24. TwistedJK - Medium Group
25. ItsTTime
26. unccescape
27. longarmwj - Hard Group
28. Windmill Road - Medium Group
29. croge17 - Hard Group*
30. Bosunmate
31. Drobo - Easy Group
32. Drobo's sister - Easy Group
33. georgi.photo - Medium Group
34. SLAPSHOT - Medium Group
35. The Dirty JK - Hard Group
36. MattMC - Medium Group
37. Lank - Medium Group

Tentative:
1. BlackOpsCzr
2. OscarMike2.0
3. Primordial
4. trailless
5. Jchristenbury
6. PJF14
7. MakoSC
8. KingCopperhead
9. OhNoTheJiggies
10. MRGeep
11. JeepinRay
12. MattAlpha
13. ds4130
14. engineeredjku
15. Mtbhjm
16. Morbidmonty
17. BigWillysStyle
18. HB1501
19. Spencer11496
20. pbujk13
21. cozdude - Hard Group
22. catahoula
23. Drobo's Friend

**Update**
The dates for this run will be August 7-9. My plan will be to head up on Thursday night/early Friday morning and try to hit a few trails on Friday. The main trail day will be Saturday August 8. Depending on rig count, we will divide up into groups for the Saturday run to ensure everyone is able to have a good time.

Lodging:
For those interested in going the hotel route, the majority of us are going to stay at the Days Inn in Biscoe, NC. For information about the group rate, please let me know and I will PM you.

For those interested in camping, TwistedJK gathered the following information on the Badin Lake campgrounds. "It was $12 per night with a $9 fee for booking online. There appeared to be a lot of sights left. Reservations can be made at recreation.gov."

Requirements:
The only thing that I would say is a requirement are front and rear tow points (factory tow hooks will be sufficient). A good recovery strap would be helpful but I'm sure there will be some that could be borrowed. Rocker protection would also be helpful, just in case. The only other thing I would say that would be helpful is a CB Radio. If you don't have one by time of run, I know a few of us have spare handhelds we can bring if necessary. It makes communicating on the trail a lot easier.

I would also be sure to bring some drinks and food. It's always important to stay hydrated, especially this time of year. Also, be prepared to have lunch out on the trail.

Please add me as tentative in the hard group

Lol. I like be watching the people that never wheel their jeeps go through that stuff. Some of it is difficult, I'll give them that. And if we all were on 40's Grub almost all rocks would look like pebbles.

It is entertaining to watch over there. Im sure you heard about the guy that rolled his YJ. I got a front row seat to it. I was sitting behind him next up.

I missed it but heard everyone. We were in the parking area eating with the kids when it happened. Every year someone rolls. Or there's always a four banger running full speed through one of the courses until they get kicked out lol.

I missed it but heard everyone. We were in the parking area eating with the kids when it happened. Every year someone rolls. Or there's always a four banger running full speed through one of the courses until they get kicked out lol.

Hahah yeah and its always funny to sit out on the beach and watch people get pulled over one by one.

Oh man, beach patrol lives for that stuff lol. I love seeing people drive their jeeps into that nice clean Atlantic saltwater too

Yeah thats a good one. Before I went down there I painted a good bit of things under my jeep cause I cant stand rust.

Just reserved our spot at badin lake, site 016 looks like quite a few of us are all gonna be in a row!

Also you can add me to the medium group

Most of the guys are camping at Badin Lake. What would be the difference of doing it there?

If I remember correctly, Badin Lake Campground has metal fire rings that would limit size and the parking will be limited for those not camping...just something to consider.

Just thought I'd throw out that we just picked up the replacement rigs and will definitely have rides for the event. They only took six weeks vs. the ten the dealer had projected. They will be bone stock other than a quick cb install, but think that is all we will have time for.

Attachments

• Stock.jpg
    Stock.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 58
  • bug deflector.jpg
    bug deflector.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 57
If I remember correctly, Badin Lake Campground has metal fire rings that would limit size and the parking will be limited for those not camping...just something to consider.

I hear ya. My thought was to scout things out once we get up there and we can figure out what works best for everyone. What would be nice is if there was someone that had land up there we could do it at.

Just thought I'd throw out that we just picked up the replacement rigs and will definitely have rides for the event. They only took six weeks vs. the ten the dealer had projected. They will be bone stock other than a quick cb install, but think that is all we will have time for.

Nice rigs sir!

What would be nice is if there was someone that had land up there we could do it at.

That would definitely be great if that were too happen.

Definitely some nice rigs you got. 👍

Top Bottom