End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

I know I've said this before, but man I can't wait for this. I've just accepted the fact that if I break something it's just time to upgrade lol.

Right! I was thinking the same thing. Im bringing a spare set of shafts but if they break, I'm going to use the spares to get home and get the new axle.

Just curious... what percentage of the folks going are lifted vs stock??? I know the later in the season you go the more difficult (more erosion) the trails get, but I haven't been out there in years... or ever with my current Jeep. Thanks!

It might just be that this week has been hell, but are you wanting to be added to the list?

If yall can put me down for more than likely. Will be sweet to meet more wayalifers and have a fun weekend offroad.

Got you on the list!

I thought that I should post a list of things that I think are essential to bring on this trip. Some are obvious and some maybe not so much. They are listed in no particular order:

Water! It's gonna be hot and humid!

Snacks. I prefer protein like nuts and jerky

A cooler for water and other (non alcoholic in park) drinks

Sunscreen. Something with a nice balance between "skin cancer at bay" and "caramel brown tan" lol

Bug spray. Uwharrie is mosquito filled.

Spare fluids. Oil, ATF, diff fluid, coolant, etc.

Spare parts if you have any

First aid kit

Tools! I have an electric impact wrench, valve core remover, etc

Tow straps and tree savers

And last but not least a camera!

This is just a short list! You can add whatever you think you may need as I'm sure I've left one or two or more things out

Nice list so far. Depending on who your with (wife, girlfriend, kids) I'd add:

Toilet Paper
Feminine Hygene Products (last time out my daughter got caught unprepared.)
Wet Wipes
Garbage bags
Ziploc bags

And let's not forget things if you bring your dog (should you have/bring one):

A portable water/food bowl
Plenty of water for fido
Food/treats
Poop bags
I'm bringing a spray bottle to mist him since he's a hairy bastard and I don't want him to over heat.
Flea/tick protection (drops or collar)
Leash
Harness
I don't know at all how exposed to direct sunlight the trails are, but I might suggest a golf umbrella for shade if we stop, say for lunch, in an area exposed. I just installed a spiderweb shade so I think I'm good but just suggesting in case some people don't have or like those. Because I'm going topless unless it's storming. I don't know about you, but wouldn't want to lay under the jeep just to find shade.

I'm definitely bringing a hat and or a bandana. I know humidity. And I'm a sweat hog. I hate sweat in my eyes.

Is the plan to all stay at the same place or is it every man for themselves, sorry if this has been answered

Thank you! I'll probably be a deffinate soon. Looking into camping and hotels and decide on that. Then should know for sure.

Is the plan to all stay at the same place or is it every man for themselves, sorry if this has been answered

Just sent both of you the hotel info via PM. If you're interested in camping, the info is listed in the first post. These are the two known locations of where people are staying.

Just ordered a Cobra75wxst kit, versa mount and Evo talgate mount, extended brake lines, and new bumpstops. My lift should be here in the next week too! Designing some custom drawers and storage bins for the back of the jeep. Everything should be ready to go well before August.

Just ordered a Cobra75wxst kit, versa mount and Evo talgate mount, extended brake lines, and new bumpstops. My lift should be here in the next week too! Designing some custom drawers and storage bins for the back of the jeep. Everything should be ready to go well before August.

Awesome bud! Hope everything comes out good with no hassle

I doubt it. I was up there recently. This is just National Park trails. Really no support. If it got real bad, we might be able to get some help from some of the companies that do training nearby. That would be a long shot though.
Just to let you know the town of Troy (about 10 minutes south has a few auto parts stores. The town of Ashboro (About 30 minutes North East has a bunch of auto parts stores plus it also has Jeep dealership). Plus the El Dorado Outpost (where you can get your pass) sells Amsoil. The El Dorado Outpost has free air as well. This is a great place to meet and air down.

Just to let you know the town of Troy (about 10 minutes south has a few auto parts stores. The town of Ashboro (About 30 minutes North East has a bunch of auto parts stores plus it also has Jeep dealership). Plus the El Dorado Outpost (where you can get your pass) sells Amsoil. The El Dorado Outpost has free air as well. This is a great place to meet and air down.

Yessss I always love when air is easy to get to and FREE

Top Bottom