End of Summer - East Coast Uwharrie Run

You can totally put it on yourself and save the money. Its not hard to do.

That's a lot of parts to put on lol. I wish I had a garage like Eddy does! Then it wouldn't be a problem lol. But I have thought about putting it on myself, I got a buddy with a nice size shop at his house that I could probably do it at

That's a lot of parts to put on lol. I wish I had a garage like Eddy does! Then it wouldn't be a problem lol. But I have thought about putting it on myself, I got a buddy with a nice size shop at his house that I could probably do it at

What lift is it again?

I know I'm new here, but is this trip still accepting rigs? I've got the whole month of August off and was looking to take a couple of road trips and this sounds awesome.

Wow this trip is really turning up to be a big group should be an awesome time.
Can't wait to see the pics I know Uwharrie looks beautiful during August

I know I'm new here, but is this trip still accepting rigs? I've got the whole month of August off and was looking to take a couple of road trips and this sounds awesome.

As HB1501 stated, you are welcome to join us. Let me know if you want to be added to the list!

I just got off the phone with the hotel and will be sending out a PM this evening to everyone on both lists providing specific info. If you're not on one of the lists and would like to be, please let me know.

Hey guys and girls, rookie question here. Never been off-road in a place like this before. What are the absolute necessities I should have with me? CB? Winch? Extra fluids?

Hey guys and girls, rookie question here. Never been off-road in a place like this before. What are the absolute necessities I should have with me? CB? Winch? Extra fluids?

If you can get a CB before that would be great but it isn't required. Assuming you have front and rear tow points all you need is a tow recovery strap.

CB will definitely be helpful to communicate, especially in a group of this size.

A winch is nice to have, but not a necessity at a spot like this as long as you have good tow points and a recovery rope.

Tools and extra fluids are never a bad idea to have. I typically always bring my portable compressor, cordless impact, miscellaneous sockets and hand tools, and zip ties.

It's also always a good rule of thumb to thoroughly go over your rig prior to making a trail run. Checking wear items, topping of fluid, torquing down bolts, etc. This will keep you from having a break that you could have prevented.

If you can get a CB before that would be great but it isn't required. Assuming you have front and rear tow points all you need is a tow recovery strap.

CB will definitely be helpful to communicate, especially in a group of this size.

A winch is nice to have, but not a necessity at a spot like this as long as you have good tow points and a recovery rope.

Tools and extra fluids are never a bad idea to have. I typically always bring my portable compressor, cordless impact, miscellaneous sockets and hand tools, and zip ties.

It's also always a good rule of thumb to thoroughly go over your rig prior to making a trail run. Checking wear items, topping of fluid, torquing down bolts, etc. This will keep you from having a break that you could have prevented.

Thanks for the speedy replies guys. I'll make sure I have a CB before the trip. Any recommendations? And I plan on a winch being one of the first things I buy, the only thing that would stop that purchase before the trip is money, or the lack of it. And if I make it to NY before this trip I'll be sure to bring back some tools with me.

Thanks again!

There will be more than enought jeepers to cover not having winch. As far as cb goes, depends on your budget. The cobra 29lx and uniden bearcat are nice, but expensive.

I wish I was going to be here for this. Its so close to where I live! :mad: Too bad I will be hanging out in the 130 degree paradise that is the middle east. Hopefully there is another one up this way around Xmas :gaah:

I wish I was going to be here for this. Its so close to where I live! :mad: Too bad I will be hanging out in the 130 degree paradise that is the middle east. Hopefully there is another one up this way around Xmas :gaah:

When do you leave for the sandbox?

Top Bottom