EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

Ok, I had thought so to. I must have look at a picture without high clearance arms. That’s about as clean as it gets

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yeah. I think I missed a good opportunity there. I had seen the Evo lever for sale two weeks ago for 4100. Was soooooooo close to pulling the trigger. Deal is gone as of Monday this week. Such as life. I’m really counting on Jerry and the 2.0 to prove us right that they are way more than enough for what I want and I can go that route quickly and
Easily. Will you hurry up already Jerry!

Yeah. I think I missed a good opportunity there. I had seen the Evo lever for sale two weeks ago for 4100. Was soooooooo close to pulling the trigger. Deal is gone as of Monday this week. Such as life. I’m really counting on Jerry and the 2.0 to prove us right that they are way more than enough for what I want and I can go that route quickly and
Easily. Will you hurry up already Jerry!

Lol, Man i'm really really hoping end of next week. Fingers crossed

C7F3C9EC-C83A-44FC-9D3F-52D7BF5F5937.jpg

Got this shoved in today. Gotta hook everything back up been out a a year and a half gonna test the memory for sure. Hope to have it done so step son can take it instead of my TJ

Last edited:
I have a regular CB and after doing that run at wind rock and Bill loaned me his hand held. I’m assuming that was a ham radio. I don’t know much about them, but tell me what I should get to be able to communicate with what most of you use.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have a regular CB and after doing that run at wind rock and Bill loaned me his hand held. I’m assuming that was a ham radio. I don’t know much about them, but tell me what I should get to be able to communicate with what most of you use.

I run these Jeff and had them down at Windrock and loved them. Bill runs a different one but similar.

Midland - X-TALKER T61VP3, 36 Channel FRS Two-Way Radio - Up to 32 Mile Range Walkie Talkie, 121 Privacy Codes, & NOAA Weather Scan + Alert (Pair Pack) (Black/Yellow) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SLHM4JE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IaRTEbXNWK306

I run these Jeff and had them down at Windrock and loved them. Bill runs a different one but similar.

Midland - X-TALKER T61VP3, 36 Channel FRS Two-Way Radio - Up to 32 Mile Range Walkie Talkie, 121 Privacy Codes, & NOAA Weather Scan + Alert (Pair Pack) (Black/Yellow) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SLHM4JE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IaRTEbXNWK306

I have 4 of these as well as my cb

That was just a midland GMRS/FRS hand held. They work great, or I have the Hardwired 40 watt version that is awesome.

https://midlandusa.com/product/mxt400-micromobile-2-way-radio/

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Good question I usually just run a cb as well but if the masses are running ham then guess I’ll make the investment.

Good question I usually just run a cb as well but if the masses are running ham then guess I’ll make the investment.

We’ll coordinate this as we get a little closer, but the HAM radios are programmable to GMRS/FRS frequencies. Or just buy a Midland Handheld GMRS/FRS and they are already preprogrammed. They are a lot more user friendly than the CBs that must be tuned correctly to work. A couple years ago, we switched to GMRS for the runs and everyone can communicate well. The only issue with the handhelds is the battery life. The 40 watt boomer that I have built into my Jeep eliminates that issue and I have been able to talk to another 40 watt unit 5-6 miles away through dense cover and small hills.

https://midlandusa.com/product/mxt400-micromobile-2-way-radio/

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

If I get these, will I need to do anything? Or just show up with charged batteries and turn to channel?

Top Bottom