EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

Dont know if this is true but I have been told driving 80+ on 5.13s for a long period is not good for the gears. Is there any truth to this?

Im gonna spend some time this weekend and try to lock a place down to stay.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

No man, if there set up correctly, just run the hell out of them, yell be good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

No man seriously, gearing is just to make up for tire size to hopefully get your rpm’s at around the same as before. One thing it could effect is your drive shafts spin a lot faster. Need to make sure that you have no vibrations and you should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You mean this one??View attachment 346893

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

That was a great day, aside from that. Oh and loosing Ric. But other than that, a great day [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yeah, the whole weekend was a blast. Even that damn sippie hole. At least I didn't get stuck so there's that...

Hey, I measured that bracket for you: From the bottom of the axle tube to the bottom of the mount is 5"
I'm curious how close it's gonna be to the inside of the tire. Just eyeballing it they should be closer that how far in the stock CA bracket is. Maybe Monday I'll throw a tire on the axle while it's on the ground & get a couple more pics

Hey, I measured that bracket for you: From the bottom of the axle tube to the bottom of the mount is 5"
I'm curious how close it's gonna be to the inside of the tire. Just eyeballing it they should be closer that how far in the stock CA bracket is. Maybe Monday I'll throw a tire on the axle while it's on the ground & get a couple more pics

Just checked it against mine and its the same, so the big clearance gain is on the upper LCA mounts. Thanks for checking!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Just checked it against mine and its the same, so the big clearance gain is on the upper LCA mounts. Thanks for checking!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

What do your mounts look like? I'm curious how the Fusion CA mounts look.
I guess in order to really gain with the CA/CO mount on the axle you'd have to go outboard mounts on top of the axle and get into the tub. I'm not really in a hurry to do that.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

My ignorance here again. Do you have different brackets than I do for your lowers with your arms?

My ignorance here again. Do you have different brackets than I do for your lowers with your arms?

No, same ones. And according to Dan today, they are designed to support 2.5” coilovers with out rubbing too. Nice bonus.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

What do your mounts look like? I'm curious how the Fusion CA mounts look.
I guess in order to really gain with the CA/CO mount on the axle you'd have to go outboard mounts on top of the axle and get into the tub. I'm not really in a hurry to do that.

I think so, basically the DTD brackets. Here’s mine:

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg

IMG_3260.jpg

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Actually, just looked at the DTD and those LCA mounts hang low too. Looks like genright is the only one.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:
Actually, just looked at the DTD and those LCA mounts hang low too. Looks like genright is the only one.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

The LCA axle mount on the Evolever looks to be the best I've seen. Other than a complete custom built system.

20170217093555-b80d98cc.jpg

Top Bottom