EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

Are you guys planning on driving your jeeps or towing them? MOAB is a 10 1/2 hour drive for me and I am on the fence if I want to tow the Jeep.

I’m towing, The rest of these guys are crazy. I’ll enjoy the quiet comfortable ride all the way there in my Ram.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weather permitting top back, windows down, case of monster energy, apple car and let her
Roll

I got bad news for you. With the top open and half doors, the Jeep couldn’t hold fifth gear going 75 on the freeway. Every up hill, and we don’t have really hills in the lower half of Michigan, it would drop back to 4th. Drive into the wind, it was in fourth. All I can figure is the added drag and weight, even being regeared down, is too much for the 3.6.

Time for a 6.4....

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I got bad news for you. With the top open and half doors, the Jeep couldn’t hold fifth gear going 75 on the freeway. Every up hill, and we don’t have really hills in the lower half of Michigan, it would drop back to 4th. Drive into the wind, it was in fourth. All I can figure is the added drag and weight, even being regeared down, is too much for the 3.6.

Time for a 6.4....

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

LOL, the mountains in Co oughta be a blast! :crazyeyes:

That's a 3.8 though. I would expect the 3.6 to be better. Not great, but better.

For the record. I’m sitting here shedding some tears. If I can’t roll too down I’m going to be miserable. It’s bad enough I have to Drive doors on.

I’m planning to trailer it out there. 24 hrs each way in the Jeep is not fun.

Tear shit up? Not a problem, just drag her home on the trailer! Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom