Critter Tread - Trapping

Well, skunk spiked to the ground was a failure. I didn't have much camera footage last night but skunk was gone this morning. After reviewing the footage, skunk was taken from 11pm to 2am. Only 2 photos/videos in that time and it was a possum sniffing around. I'm surprised the cameras didn't take more and pretty surprised the possum took off with it so quickly. Spike was still in the ground this morning.

1000004103.jpg
1000004104.jpg

Coulda been an owl. One of the few predators that dine on Pepe Le Pew. also why they tend to stink like hell
I thought about that but I have 2 cameras on that spot and no footage other that the possum. Also, hard to think it could rip the skunk off that spike so quickly. But who knows.

I thought about that but I have 2 cameras on that spot and no footage other that the possum. Also, hard to think it could rip the skunk off that spike so quickly. But who knows.

Wouldn't have even slowed down. They're powerful as hell & bigger than you think. My dads friend had a Great Horned Owl he kept in a beagle pen. He found it hurt & kept it til it healed up. Used to trap live rabbits & throw in the cage for it. man, it was brutal to watch. Popped the heads right off of those rabbits with its feet.

After letting the smell dissipate for a couple of hours, I pulled this guy out of the trap. Picture really doesn't show but this guy was huge. About watermelon sized.

1000004411.jpg

2 stakes in him surrounded by 5 traps. And a closer camera this time to see what messes with him tonight.

1000004413.jpg

Mr Coyote hasn't made an appearance in about 2 weeks so he's due for a visit.

Well, the duo returned. Walked right by the skunk with no fucks given. Maybe it drew them in, maybe not. Funny thing is that one of them checked out two nearby traps that I haven't messed with in about a week. It didn't show fear so I'm hoping he'll be back for further investigation.

1000004454.jpg1000004455.jpg

However, a few minutes later they went to another part of the property and found the new trap with the dead rat and an electronic mouse squeaker in it. That's only been there for two nights. On video they got really excited and started jumping around. Then left. I really don't get these fuckers. Hopefully they'll be back for further investigation. It's obvious they're sticking around until they're dead.

1000004457.jpg

Well, the duo returned. Walked right by the skunk with no fucks given. Maybe it drew them in, maybe not. Funny thing is that one of them checked out two nearby traps that I haven't messed with in about a week. It didn't show fear so I'm hoping he'll be back for further investigation.

View attachment 413404View attachment 413405

However, a few minutes later they went to another part of the property and found the new trap with the dead rat and an electronic mouse squeaker in it. That's only been there for two nights. On video they got really excited and started jumping around. Then left. I really don't get these fuckers. Hopefully they'll be back for further investigation. It's obvious they're sticking around until they're dead.

View attachment 413406

coyote-1.gif

Top Bottom