Critter Tread - Trapping

Just out of curiosity, how or what are you using to euthanize your big critters?
Raccoons and possums: 22LR pistol, quiet low powder rounds. Close enough to get the job done without damaging the fur too much.

Skunks, not so close lol. 22 magnum rifle. I do have a vet euthanizing needle to put on a telescoping pole and you can inject it into the skunks heart and they're not suppose to spray and it's the most peaceful way to kill them. I've only tried it once and he bit at it and knocked part of it on the ground. Obviously I chose not to pick it up until later. I used the rifle for him and a single lung shot killed him instantly with no spray.

Coyotes: I have to get one first, lol. Likely the 22 magnum rifle though because they will be close range.

You got something you are planning to take care of?

Raccoons and possums: 22LR pistol, quiet low powder rounds. Close enough to get the job done without damaging the fur too much.

Skunks, not so close lol. 22 magnum rifle. I do have a vet euthanizing needle to put on a telescoping pole and you can inject it into the skunks heart and they're not suppose to spray and it's the most peaceful way to kill them. I've only tried it once and he bit at it and knocked part of it on the ground. Obviously I chose not to pick it up until later. I used the rifle for him and a single lung shot killed him instantly with no spray.

Coyotes: I have to get one first, lol. Likely the 22 magnum rifle though because they will be close range.

You got something you are planning to take care of?
LOL - thanks. 22 is what I'd be using for anything bigger than mice (traps get them fine). Just curious what you were using (y)

The saga continues. Prior to my last update here, I hadn't seen Mr yote for about a month. He showed up with a buddy. I put new traps out. He showed up the next night shortly and I put a trap there the next morning. Since then, I've tried the electronic call 4 times during the day. It is pretty fun but no luck. The area he would be in is about 7 acres and he didn't show up within an hour so I doubt he's there in the day. Who knows.

I plan on hunting there this fall so I'm at the point of being done for the season so I can stay off of the land as much as possible for the next couple of months. I even told Clay yesterday to not worry about bringing some of his firepower over. I pulled all the traps out of the ground yesterday. It's been 3 weeks since the last sighting. I told my wife "Watch this dickhead show up tonight now that traps are all removed." He did.

1000003518.jpg1000003522.jpg

So back at it , I am. Not sure for how long. These fuckers are so unpredictable. Either way, I came up with an improvised scent post set. We shall see. This stick has gland lures and coyote piss on it.

1000003513.jpg

Now we wait.....

1000003523.jpg

Top Bottom