Coffee Drinkers & Bean Grinders

So is that something is like a must for good coffee is a grinder? Not just the keurig stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Burr grinders do the best job at grinding the coffee but it's not an absolute necessity. One of the cheaper blade grinders ($20 range at Kohl's) will do the job OK if your're just starting out , especially if you grind the beans each time you make a pot. BRCC even sells ground coffee and with you being in NV, and them in SLC UT, you'd get your coffee one or two days from when they grind it. That's still pretty damn fresh and light years better than the ground stuff on the grocery store shelves.

God I can’t stand black rifle. I would rather drink cat piss than support them. They are what’s wrong with the whole “I’m a veteran” movement. Never drank their coffee and never will.

So is that something is like a must for good coffee is a grinder? Not just the keurig stuff?

Don’t waste your money with stuff in this thread. Go get a can of Folgers or maxwell house. If you drink it for what it is then you can buy different things. If you continue to load with sugar and cream then keep buying the cheap stuff. No point in wasting money.

I’ve been a pour over guy for a long time now, love the simplicity of it, produces a fantastic cup of coffee! Just picked up this Bodum coffee maker and current favorite brew is Lavazza Kilimanjaro.Image1517843176.260858.jpgImage1517843185.846287.jpg

God I can’t stand black rifle. I would rather drink cat piss than support them. They are what’s wrong with the whole “I’m a veteran” movement. Never drank their coffee and never will.

Really? I know they promote Vet owned but didn't realize they do it in an offensive way. I realize I'm a Fucking East Coaster, but are they looked at in a bad way out in your neck of the woods??

I guess I lean toward basic and simple. Got me a Keurig. Different pods and I'm good. If nobody has tried the Trader Joe's Colombian or french roast, both are good. They come in pods and drip.

Do you find that offensive? Not asking with an accusatory tone, just curious. IDK, maybe that would turn some folks off but honestly it doesn't bother me. I'd rather support a Vet owned company than this, which has Snowflake written all over it.

https://www.starbucks.com/about-us/company-information/mission-statement

I don't mean to start a Pro/Con Vet debate thread here but if someone has an issue with their policies I get it. Are they Pro-Vet? Sure, but it just never struck me that they were pandering.

Do you find that offensive? Not asking with an accusatory tone, just curious. IDK, maybe that would turn some folks off but honestly it doesn't bother me. I'd rather support a Vet owned company than this, which has Snowflake written all over it.

https://www.starbucks.com/about-us/company-information/mission-statement

I don't mean to start a Pro/Con Vet debate thread here but if someone has an issue with their policies I get it. Are they Pro-Vet? Sure, but it just never struck me that they were pandering.

The pitch to “conservative” coffee drinkers and the “pro-2a” people doesn’t appeal to me, but I’m not offended by it. Just posting the link in response to someone else who asked about their message.

Last edited:
The pitch to “conservative” coffee drinkers and the “pro-2a” people doesn’t appeal to me, but I’m not offended by it. Just posting the link in response to someone else who asked about their message.

Gotcha. Honestly, it does't necessarily "appeal" to me either in that I didn't seek out a Pro-Vet company to buy my coffee from. But in all honestly the "Black Rifle Coffee Company" name is a helluva lot more eye-catching than maybe some of the other names out there.

Gotcha. Honestly, it does't necessarily "appeal" to me either in that I didn't seek out a Pro-Vet company to buy my coffee from. But in all honestly the "Black Rifle Coffee Company" name is a helluva lot more eye-catching than maybe some of the other names out there.

You want some free media, open a company called WRCC and have all your coffee come from China. Lol.

This thread is comical. You need to drink your folgers before posting. I hear coffee takes the edge off.

The darker the roast the more they are covering up for shit beans.... just my 2c...
This can be very true. Burnt toast is burnt toast all taxes the same and you can never tell if it was white, wheat, rye, or sourdough..haha.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. Sure, some of the publicity could elude to that. However, they don't stand behind the entitled whoa-is-me veteran mentality. They openly speak out against that. Unfortunately those who fall into that category can't see that and think they are repping them too, so yes I see your point.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom