Coffee Drinkers & Bean Grinders

Pretty much.
They do get some good stuff in every once in a while but the company and 99.9% of its employees can suck it.

I recently converted completely over to BRCC. Really digging the aero press lately with a Prismo attachment. Hard to believe but it makes a legit espresso after you get dialed in.
View attachment 291967.

No Starbucks 2018. I’m one month in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I actually love the taste of coffee.

Cheap gas station coffee tastes like ass. Good coffee is great!

I love the taste of coffee.

Lol. I actually do too. Sarcasm/humor font must not have been on. I hate Starbucks. A red-eye from Coffee Bean is the only chain store I'll buy from. I think McDonald's and Arco dark roast are the best cheap coffees out there.

I don't have the patience to grind beans anymore... I've found that a mix of Don Francisco Hawaiian and their espresso makes for a pretty good drip brew at home.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Last edited:
We roast beans once a week in a Gene Café machine, store the beans in airtight jars after off-gassing and use a Barratza Encore burr grinder. Since the fancy single cuppers take too long to make a pot we have an off the shelf drip brewer that goes into an insulated carafe and doesn’t sit on a hot burner. Controlling every step of the process insures a smooth, flavorful cup that goes down easy and is good to the last sip.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good coffee doesn’t have to be complicated. It’s as simple as buying a pound from a local coffee house. Have them grind it, yup I said it! Just make sure they grind it for your filter type (paper or metal). Put your ground coffee in an air tight container and refrigerate. Brew with a decent of the shelf drip brewer that has a bold or strong setting. Skip adding any flavorings or processed creamers. Pour into your favorite Jeep mug or insulated cup and enjoy.

Here’s to keeping it simple:

IMG_6354.jpg

No Starbucks 2018. I’m one month in.

I haven't had Starbucks it probably 10 months. After having good local roasts and BRCC I won't go back. I had their app and everything. Little did I know the stars expire so my free drinks disappeared. Fuck them. Plus I don't agree with their political stance.
Good coffee doesn’t have to be complicated. It’s as simple as buying a pound from a local coffee house. Have them grind it, yup I said it! Just make sure they grind it for your filter type (paper or metal). Put your ground coffee in an air tight container and refrigerate. Brew with a decent of the shelf drip brewer that has a bold or strong setting. Skip adding any flavorings or processed creamers. Pour into your favorite Jeep mug or insulated cup and enjoy.

Here’s to keeping it simple:

View attachment 291988
This. I have read more and more that it's best to keep your coffee in a dark or opaque airtight container at room temp not the fridge or freezer.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Pretty much.
They do get some good stuff in every once in a while but the company and 99.9% of its employees can suck it.

I recently converted completely over to BRCC. Really digging the aero press lately with a Prismo attachment. Hard to believe but it makes a legit espresso after you get dialed in.
View attachment 291967.
Looks like this thing is popular as it appears to be sold out everywhere. Haha. May have to get one though.

NOOOO!!! [emoji47][emoji33]🤯
Technically Peets helped get Starbucks off the ground. A few Starbucks were co-owned by one of the Peets founders but no longer.

For local SoCal coffee there is Klatch (Ontario/Rancho), The Roasted Bean aka TRB (San Dimas), and I recently found Wild Goose (Redlands). We have Tonyan up here in Apple Valley.

Technically Peets helped get Starbucks off the ground. A few Starbucks were co-owned by one of the Peets founders but no longer.

For local SoCal coffee there is Klatch (Ontario/Rancho), The Roasted Bean aka TRB (San Dimas), and I recently found Wild Goose (Redlands). We have Tonyan up here in Apple Valley.

I stand corrected. The Starbucks founder had owned a few Peet's locations but sold them in the late 80s. My daughter used to be a manager for Starbucks and she told me they owned Peet's so I took her word on it... Bites me every time. 😎

Carry on enjoying your coffee, Greer. Sorry to freak you out for a minute there. 🤣

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I stand corrected. The Starbucks founder had owned a few Peet's locations but sold them in the late 80s. My daughter used to be a manager for Starbucks and she told me they owned Peet's so I took her word on it... Bites me every time. 😎

Carry on enjoying your coffee, Greer. Sorry to freak you out for a minute there. 🤣

--
The Google machine helps a lot..haha. About to Brew a cup of coffee now.

Coffee Drinkers & Bean Grinders

I went to college in Berkeley and used to visit the original Peets location there.

To me, Starbucks is like McDonalds. An abominable last resort.

To be honest, I don’t drink much coffee any more. Some instant coffee in my breakfast drink and then a cup of black tea in the afternoon. No more 3-4 cups of coffee a day, as in my younger days.

I went to college in Berkeley and used to visit the original Peets location there.

To me, Starbucks is like McDonalds. An abominable last resort.

To be honest, I don’t drink much coffee any more. Some instant coffee in my breakfast drink and then a cup of black tea in the afternoon. No more 3-4 cups of coffee a day, as in my younger days.
Yeah my wife who was an avid Starbucks drinker, but has significantly cut back due to fresh coffee at home, said last week. Starbucks just tastes watery to me now...haha. I drank a lot of energy drinks 10+ a week. Over the last 6-8 months I've had maybe 1-2 every couple weeks as I prefer coffee so much more now. I feel it's a better choice. Black coffee doesn't have all the other BS in it.

For all my fellow coffee drinkers, Black Rifle was on CBS this morning. Great video on the culture of the company and the owners
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/behin...a-first-company-waging-war-on-coffee-culture/
Thanks for posting that up. Having met Even Haffer and been to BRCC in Salt Lake what was said is 100% accurate. Like the community here, they speak what they believe and if you don't like it get the fuck out. If they upset you their coffee isn't for you. Your loss.

I haven't had Starbucks it probably 10 months. After having good local roasts and BRCC I won't go back. I had their app and everything. Little did I know the stars expire so my free drinks disappeared. Fuck them. Plus I don't agree with their political stance.

This. I have read more and more that it's best to keep your coffee in a dark or opaque airtight container at room temp not the fridge or freezer.

That’s interesting, your statement about room temperature vs. refrigerated. I haven’t heard that before, but haven’t researched it either. Good to know!

That’s interesting, your statement about room temperature vs. refrigerated. I haven’t heard that before, but haven’t researched it either. Good to know!

I’ve always kept excess ground coffee in the freezer. Never noticed a difference. I’ve been grinding my own beans for a few months now though.

Top Bottom