California or Bust : An Epic Trek Across the California Emigrant Trail

What time you planning to be in Vegas? Looks like I may have to be there for work that day.

Dinner and drinks at the mexican restaurant in the Silverton? :idontknow: Like Tony said, we should get to the hotel around 5pm, get checked in, so maybe 6?

Depending on traffic, the goal is to arrive by 5... It would be cool if we could hook up before you head home! :yup:

Dinner and drinks at the mexican restaurant in the Silverton? :idontknow: Like Tony said, we should get to the hotel around 5pm, get checked in, so maybe 6?

Cool. That's only about 10-15 minutes from the airport. Let me see how work shakes out.

It looks like I might have to miss the Elko to Carson part of the run...due to work, so it would be nice to get together at the beginning...due to work. :crazyeyes:

Well, it looks like Moochie, his sister, Cindy and I will be heading out from Carson City and meeting up with y'all in Salina. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Well, it looks like Moochie, his sister, Cindy and I will be heading out from Carson City and meeting up with y'all in Salina. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Cool. We should be rolling into Salina around high noon. Y'all travel safe.

Cool. We should be rolling into Salina around high noon. Y'all travel safe.

Cool, we'll be staying the night in Ely on Friday and will probably try making a stop over at Lehman Caves on the way over to Salina. We should be there late afternoon. We should hook up for diner for sure.

Cool, we'll be staying the night in Ely on Friday and will probably try making a stop over at Lehman Caves on the way over to Salina. We should be there late afternoon. We should hook up for diner for sure.

Cool! That will allow us to take our time getting to Salina. I believe we are planning to go thru Valley of Fire on the way to Salina. (No wheeling of course, just sightseeing). It is only a five hour drive from Vegas and we have all day to get there! Wholly crap we are a week away!!!

Cool! That will allow us to take our time getting to Salina. I believe we are planning to go thru Valley of Fire on the way to Salina. (No wheeling of course, just sightseeing). It is only a five hour drive from Vegas and we have all day to get there! Wholly crap we are a week away!!!

LOL!! Crazy ain't it!! Yeah, definitely go through Valley of Fire and take your time. From Ely, it's only about 3.5 hours to Salina for us but if we can get onto a cave tour, I'm sure we'll be adding on a couple more hours at the very least.

On a trip to Utah about 10 years ago with some family members we tried to check out the caves. No ticket space was available. We ended up watching a video in their little theater and shortly after the start, my uncle Al started snoring. He needed a nap. Lol!

The place has some history! I've been there a couple times. I think Mel stopped there on the way to Moab this year.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400769856.144184.jpg

Wasn't it Salina, where we spent some time in a parking lot while Brian's transfer case leak was repaired?

We spent time there at the Conoco station and then headed up to Richfield and spent time in the Home Depot lot :crazyeyes:

Okay, just got off the phone with Lehman Caves and reserved a Grand Palace tour at 11 am. :thumb:

Top Bottom