California or Bust : An Epic Trek Across the California Emigrant Trail

A conservative figure for the number of deaths from disease for the years 1842 to 1859 for the California Trail would be 20,000 for the entire 2000 miles or an average of 10 graves to each mile. :eek: Maybe they ate too much horse meat lasagna? :crazyeyes:

Last edited:
It's amazing to think that even back in the day, emigrants weren't without technology to help them along. For a highway without signs, here's a few pics of some old school tech - the original prairie schooner odometer...

main.php

main.php

main.php

Here's a video clip of how it worked...

:cool:

Eddie you never cease to amaze me. Great find and thank you for teaching me something new everyday.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

It's amazing to think that even back in the day, emigrants weren't without technology to help them along. For a highway without signs, here's a few pics of some old school tech - the original prairie schooner odometer...

main.php

main.php

main.php

And everybody thought we got our modern technology from alien spacecrafts stored at Area 51! Psssht

A conservative figure for the number of deaths from disease for the years 1842 to 1859 for the California Trail would be 20,000 for the entire 2000 miles or an average of 10 graves to each mile. :eek: Maybe they ate too much horse meat lasagna? :crazyeyes:

that's amazing.

main.php

main.php

main.php

This is good stuff!! love the engineering.

So the time has come to actually plan meeting up! :wings: For those coming from SoCal and are interested, we will be meeting next Friday 5/30, at Bravos in Victorville at 1:30PM for the drive to Vegas. :thumb: Please post up if you are planning on meeting us there so we know who all is coming. :clap2:

So the time has come to actually plan meeting up! :wings: For those coming from SoCal and are interested, we will be meeting next Friday 5/30, at Bravos in Victorville at 1:30PM for the drive to Vegas. :thumb: Please post up if you are planning on meeting us there so we know who all is coming. :clap2:

I will meet you Vegas at the hotel. I'm going out earlier.
Thanks.

BTW: I have a propane 12,000 btu stove and large pot. Would that help in any of the cooking? I'll bring if you want it, let me know.

I'm in. Sure you don't want to roll earlier given memorial weekend traffic into Vegas?

You know we're in! Can't wait.

What time you planning to be in Vegas? Looks like I may have to be there for work that day.

Top Bottom