Will the MADNESS Ever Stop?! šŸ¤¬

Last Thursday, I drove from Mojave to Inyokern to pick up some parts for my client. Long before solar farms and windmills, my father took out to the desert twice a month to camp, plink, hunt rabbits and explore. Much of the solar farm acreage used to be alfalfa farms. @wayoflife, you're right. It's scorched earth. The windmill farms aren't any better. Breaks my heart.

Last edited:
As I always like to say, "hope" is just another way of saying, "wishful thinking".

When the feds are pushing for this shit, it's their land to give away and they're subsidizing the work, how do you stop any of this nonsense from happening.
An indigenous woman is in charge of the Department Of Interior and should have been protecting this sacred land.

the prehistoric fish, other endangered species mean zilch.
no environmental impact study, millions of taxpayer dollars to line pockets of private companies and when it fails, they walk away.
Nothing in the contract stating it needs to be restored, they file bankruptcy and walk away.
such bullshit in the name of one of Hitlers green plan to control populations.

All of this "green energy" and battery powered cars BS is no different than "The rain follows the plow"! It is just made up crazy so one group can get rich while another slaps itself on the back!

Drive jeep over established long-existing trail in the desert... "No stop! You're destroying the fragile desert ecosystem! Jeeps are evil!!"

Vast solar farm comes along and actually destroys everything... "This is fine."

Anything is okay so long as it has the word "green" attached to it somewhere and they think it will help keep their matchsticks on wheels charged up.

And there in lies the real problem. All this land is BLM as in, federally owned and so the power companies not only get it for dirt cheap, they get subsidized to destroy it. All this shit is just so infuriating.

I got this email from BRC the other day and I found this encouraging. There is a lawsuit that seeks to break the stranglehold the Fed-Gov has on the western states.

Note how much western land is controlled by DC.

IMG_0307.jpeg

A short summary of what going on.

IMG_0308.jpeg

I would really like to see each state take control of more of that stateā€™s land. There would still be battles to be fought, but at least it would be at a state level as the Founders intended. Some Fuck-Head in DC should not be determining what happens in each state.

Also- Fuck solar and wind. Nuke is the way to go but the average person has been conditioned for irrational fear of nuclear power. Strangely parts of Europe depend heavily on it and have for years.

I got this email from BRC the other day and I found this encouraging. There is a lawsuit that seeks to break the stranglehold the Fed-Gov has on the western states.

View attachment 412784

View attachment 412785

I would really like to see each state take control of more of that stateā€™s land. There would still be battles to be fought, but at least it would be at a state level as the Founders intended. Some Fuck-Head in DC should not be determining what happens in each state.

Also- Fuck solar and wind. Nuke is the way to go but the average person has been conditioned for irrational fear of nuclear power. Strangely parts of Europe depend heavily on it and have for years.

This sounds good in theory, but some of the states are worse than the feds in limiting access to public land, especially when it comes to ORV's.
In Pa there isn't any BLM controlled land that I know of - the state controls most of it and huge swaths of forest are owned by paper & lumber companies. Then there are 1.5 million acres in PA owned & managed by the State Game Commission that public hunting & fishing is allowed on, but ORV's are heavily limited or prohibited. Then there are the properties leased to the gas & oil companies that are blocked off as well. Pa is one of the most heavily forested states in the NE/Midwest and pretty much the whole middle half of the state is basically a wilderness with some small cities & towns sprinkled throughout. Almost all of it is off limits. I'm all for keeping the majority off limits but every time I drive 4-1/2 hours through the mountains to get to Rausch Creek or AOAA, it drives me nuts that so many gorgeous areas are inaccessible. Pa could easily have one of the most kickass trail systems in the US if they had their heads screwed on right.

View attachment 412784

View attachment 412785

This sounds good in theory, but some of the states are worse than the feds in limiting access to public land, especially when it comes to ORV's.
In Pa there isn't any BLM controlled land that I know of - the state controls most of it and huge swaths of forest are owned by paper & lumber companies. Then there are 1.5 million acres in PA owned & managed by the State Game Commission that public hunting & fishing is allowed on, but ORV's are heavily limited or prohibited. Then there are the properties leased to the gas & oil companies that are blocked off as well. Pa is one of the most heavily forested states in the NE/Midwest and pretty much the whole middle half of the state is basically a wilderness with some small cities & towns sprinkled throughout. Almost all of it is off limits. I'm all for keeping the majority off limits but every time I drive 4-1/2 hours through the mountains to get to Rausch Creek or AOAA, it drives me nuts that so many gorgeous areas are inaccessible. Pa could easily have one of the most kickass trail systems in the US if they had their heads screwed on right.
I have to agree with Ddays here. I'm always for state control over fed but have to say, I don't really trust the Nevada government to do a better job at managing the land, especially being that so much of it is run by Clark and Washoe Counties (Reno/Vegas). In some ways, the BLM has made it possible for land to remain wide open but has also allowed for BS like this solar shit. I just don't know.

Also, I say this with a sad heart but I can't say that I've ever seen any coalition ever do anything to actually keep land/trails open and free - EVER

The fight is never ending, that is for sure. Iā€™d always rather have the fight at the local level given the choice.

Is there an organization like BRC at the PA state level? If not, why?

I have to agree with Ddays here. I'm always for state control over fed but have to say, I don't really trust the Nevada government to do a better job at managing the land, especially being that so much of it is run by Clark and Washoe Counties (Reno/Vegas). In some ways, the BLM has made it possible for land to remain wide open but has also allowed for BS like this solar shit. I just don't know.

Also, I say this with a sad heart but I can't say that I've ever seen any coalition ever do anything to actually keep land/trails open and free - EVER
I mean they saved johnson valley right? Only lost 80,000 acres but got to keep the hammer trails.

Cal4 as an example tries but I donā€™t feel they are very successful at the big things. They may get a gate reopened here and there. I donā€™t think thereā€™s enough money or pressure they could apply when the feds are full tilt in to ā€œgreen energyā€ at all costs. With things like 30 by 30, public lands will be used up for the greater good. šŸ˜”

View attachment 412784

View attachment 412785

The stranglehold that the feds have on the western states is one reason why they are not overrun with shopping malls. Be careful what you wish for!

Top Bottom