Will the MADNESS Ever Stop?! 🤬

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ff627895-from-southern-part-of-monte-cristo-range-looking-s-sw--2000x1200.jpg
Imagine for a minute, a wide open expanse of desert filled with rainbow colored mountains, canyons that look straight out of a prehistoric movie set and so beautiful, it was once considered to become a state park. Now, imagine for a minute, what all that would look like with 62,000 acers of solar panels, blanketing the entire area and all in the name of "saving the planet". To put that mind boggling size into perspective, that's roughly the size of Las Vegas and in a Nevada county that only has about 700 people living in it. Of course, thanks to the Biden administration and their hard push for renewable energy, that's about to happen and I'm gonna tell you, it's a tragedy.
I honestly have no idea how it can be done but this madness really needs to stop!

Last edited:
View attachment 412740
Imagine for a minute, a wide open expanse of desert filled with rainbow colored mountains, canyons that look straight out of a prehistoric movie set and so beautiful, it was once considered to become a state park. Now, imagine for a minute, what all that would look like with 62,000 acers of solar panels, blanketing the entire area and all in the name of "saving the planet". To put that mind boggling size into perspective, that's roughly the size of Las Vegas and in a Nevada county that only has about 700 people living in it. Of course, thanks to the Biden administration and their hard push for renewable energy, that's about to happen and I'm gonna tell you, it's a tragedy.
I honestly have no idea how it can be done but this madness really needs to stop!
how-dare-you-greta-thunberg.gif

So sad. It's ridiculous that anyone would be OK with this.
If you've ever seen what solar fields in the desert look like during and after construction, everything underneath them is literally destroyed. As in, scorched earth. How anyone can even think about doing this in an area of pristine desert and on the scale of a major city with almost 3 million people living in it, is simply unimaginable. Worse, to do all this for a technology that only lasts for about 20 years is criminal!!

If "saving the environment" is such an existential threat, the people in charge should start saving it in their own backyards!

BTW, did I mention that Cindy and I love this area? Here are some shots from the area they're going to destroy.
20190114202206-1b71706c.jpg

20190114202622-9f0ace5a.jpg

20190114202424-49eb2710.jpg

20181227164922-b1ec5441.jpg

Looking at the map, they're literally going to cover these two very points with solar panels.
20240726100622-c5e4c838.jpg

final.jpg

Last edited:
The sucks. Tonopah and surrounding areas are one of the most beautiful in the country in my opinion.
Couldn't agree more. Apparently, nobody else does though.
Why not put all these panels on every single commercial building out there. Give incentives to owners. Such bullshit.
Because it would be in their backyard. They would have to see it. Of course, the electric companies would have to pay businesses to put them up there and why do that when you can get pristine land for free and have the government pay you even more to destroy it!

I can't imaging these panels surviving 20 years of getting cooked in the dessert before they fall into a state of disrepair. At that point these sites will likely be abandoned and only serve as a constant reminder of foolish government spending.

Top Bottom