What was done to your rig this week?

First oil change on the JL. The 2.0 has a spin-on filter unlike the 3.6. The dickhead (person or robot) at the factory put this filter on with about 500 foot pounds of torque. I literally shredded the filter getting it off with an oil filter wrench.

KIMG0580.jpg

First oil change on the JL. The 2.0 has a spin-on filter unlike the 3.6. The dickhead (person or robot) at the factory put this filter on with about 500 foot pounds of torque. I literally shredded the filter getting it off with an oil filter wrench.

View attachment 357315

Wow that’s a pretty convenient spot for a filter. Bummer it was so stuck on there tho.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

This week I finally installed the ARB air tank that Wjtstudios so graciously provided. (Thanks again Bill!). I used the ARB mount so was able to get the tank and the dual air compressor under the passenger seat. Pretty tidy little package. While I was doing all that, I installed an EVO no limits on demand. Everything works pretty well, but I do have an air leak somewhere so I need to chase that down. I also want to rewire the No Limits solenoid so that it will work even if the compressor is turned off. Once the leaks are fixed, the No Limits should be able to run off the charged tank, with no need to have the compressor on or cycling.

After installing the switch pros setup I finally wired up the rear spot lights in my LoD signature series bumper. I've only had the bumper for 8 years...haha. The Bluetooth feature of the system is pretty cool.20210101_180837.jpgScreenshot_20210101-180822_Switch-Pros.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

View attachment 357315

Looks like an old school location

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

After installing the switch pros setup I finally wired up the rear spot lights in my LoD signature series bumper. I've only had the bumper for 8 years...haha. The Bluetooth feature of the system is pretty cool.View attachment 357322View attachment 357323

Make sure you put a password on it and rename it so that if you're in a group of people like myself we're not accidentally connecting to each other's vehicles.

This week I finally installed the ARB air tank that Wjtstudios so graciously provided. (Thanks again Bill!). I used the ARB mount so was able to get the tank and the dual air compressor under the passenger seat. Pretty tidy little package. While I was doing all that, I installed an EVO no limits on demand. Everything works pretty well, but I do have an air leak somewhere so I need to chase that down. I also want to rewire the No Limits solenoid so that it will work even if the compressor is turned off. Once the leaks are fixed, the No Limits should be able to run off the charged tank, with no need to have the compressor on or cycling.

Glad it worked out [emoji106]

I’m in the lovely process of rewiring as well, getting everything out of the side dash access panels so I can install the cage. Such a pain.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Glad it worked out [emoji106]

I’m in the lovely process of rewiring as well, getting everything out of the side dash access panels so I can install the cage. Such a pain.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
I just finished that. I went through the passenger fire wall and that was a bitch but worked out good. I'm hoping to get the cage this weekend and start the install.

Good luck!

I just finished that. I went through the passenger fire wall and that was a bitch but worked out good. I'm hoping to get the cage this weekend and start the install.

Good luck!

You too. It’s going to be a project.

Are you going to test fit yours first and then powder coat or just put it in with it PC’d.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

You too. It’s going to be a project.

Are you going to test fit yours first and then powder coat or just put it in with it PC’d.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Test fit and then rattle can it. I dont care for PC. Also, I bought two cages one for me and one for my buddy so I'm going to have to do it twice lol.

Make sure you put a password on it and rename it so that if you're in a group of people like myself we're not accidentally connecting to each other's vehicles.
Ahhh that's something I didn't even think about. Thanks for the tip.
Have you not seen the Chucky movies
Several times. I've also purchased a package of 250 little plastic babies and have been leaving them all over my station and in people's belongings...haha. They have made their way to the other station now too.IMG_1756.jpg

Ouch!!!! How did you do that?

Don’t really know. We were out playing hard on the trails/hills and seemed fine. Later in the trip I Thought I felt something weird and quickly turned into a rotational knock/clunking sound. First thought was a driveshaft. Check them a nothing was out of the ordinary. So when on down the checklist and unlocked the front axle & the sound went away. So it was time to head for the trailer. Pulled the cover this morning and that’s what I found.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom