What was done to your rig this week?

First oil change on the JL. The 2.0 has a spin-on filter unlike the 3.6. The dickhead (person or robot) at the factory put this filter on with about 500 foot pounds of torque. I literally shredded the filter getting it off with an oil filter wrench.

View attachment 357315

Same here. My oil filter looks like I used a can opener to it.

New headers

The old headers were 1 1/2" tube and too close to the firewall and floor. When we swapped the 350 for the 383 - the heat melted a pair of my wife's shoes. I was told to "Fix It".
So -

IMG_2875.jpgIMG_2876.jpegIMG_2881.jpeg

Fixed!

Sometimes thats the hardest part.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

As the saying goes, "Ain't that the truth". It's been a long process, lots of mods and improvements (checks) - due mostly to my ignorance of what options and components were available, and my lack of experience and knowledge in the sport. But I had the good fortune to meet some very knowledgeable, experienced, and talented people who helped get my jeep to this point.
That's my politically correct way of saying, "I've about run out of shit to do".

Here's some pictures of the finished exhaust:
Mounting brackets/hangers IMG_2888.jpegIMG_2889.jpegIMG_2887.jpeg
Passenger side - finishedIMG_2891.jpegIMG_2890.jpg

Don’t really know. We were out playing hard on the trails/hills and seemed fine. Later in the trip I Thought I felt something weird and quickly turned into a rotational knock/clunking sound. First thought was a driveshaft. Check them a nothing was out of the ordinary. So when on down the checklist and unlocked the front axle & the sound went away. So it was time to head for the trailer. Pulled the cover this morning and that’s what I found.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Why is everything that weird color? Looks like maybe you had water in there with the oil.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

As the saying goes, "Ain't that the truth". It's been a long process, lots of mods and improvements (checks) - due mostly to my ignorance of what options and components were available, and my lack of experience and knowledge in the sport. But I had the good fortune to meet some very knowledgeable, experienced, and talented people who helped get my jeep to this point.
That's my politically correct way of saying, "I've about run out of shit to do".

Here's some pictures of the finished exhaust:
Mounting brackets/hangers View attachment 357467View attachment 357468View attachment 357469
Passenger side - finishedView attachment 357470View attachment 357471

Those are some beautiful welds

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Time to shop for some new shocks, clean up the crusted on coolant and confirm the leak has stopped, as well as a power steering leak I found while in there.
Feels good to finally have a garage to work in again 20210107_191743.jpg20210107_190833.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

They are indeed - we were going to send the exhaust out for coating, but after seeing the welds we decided to just leave it bare stainless.

I have some stainless exhaust pieces on my RZR & they look like shit after being heat cycled and weathered, not rusted or anything but lost their luster. I'd have those suckers CeraKoted

Fixed the squeak coming from the synergy track bar/axle side track bar mount.

Before

IMG_1103.jpg

After

IMG_1165.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

New brake pads on the rear again! [emoji849]

I think all of that Tennessee mud built up on the pad clips (sliders) and the pads weren't moving freely.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just some semi metallic pads, probably upgrade after the axles get done. I can't believe I wore them down so quickly. But the clips were pretty dirty and I can see why, I am guessing.

The slider pins seem fine, not much on them.

But those clips for the ends of the brake pads were really bad, had to use a small brush to clean them.

I’d tear mine down a couple times a year and regrease. Between the mud, salt, and power washing them out almost weekly at the car wash, the would begin sticking and dragging.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom