WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run 2014 : June 15th - 17th

I was actually wondering about what kind of firewood is acceptable. I am on a lot of construction sites, and I always grab nice pieces of oak flooring, fir, and hemlock trim, which burns great being that most of it has stain and laquer on it! But..... I don't want to bring it if you guys frown on burning anything but bare wood. Any thoughts? I also get great kindling- small pieces of scribe moulding etc..

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Untreated scrap is fine if it doesn't have nails or staples. A lot of the treated stuff, especially if it has been stained/painted, is not very safe to smell as it burns. I'd also stay away from particle board, pressed board, gluelams, or anything else that has adhesive mashed into it.

No thanks. I'd rather not breathe that crap.

Untreated scrap is fine if it doesn't have nails or staples. A lot of the treated stuff, especially if it has been stained/painted, is not very safe to smell as it burns. I'd also stay away from particle board, pressed board, gluelams, or anything else that has adhesive mashed into it.

But the more glue, stain, and laquer, the better it burns!! Haha. That's why I asked. I'll leave it for the other guys to burn, and keep my eyes open for the clean stuff.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396969005.468542.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396969015.116312.jpg

Anyone interested in constructing a bathroom, wal-mart is cheaper than amazon. They had the wag bags also under this brand I think. Also, cheaper then amazon. I didn't get a picture of those with prices unfortunately. I figured I'd rig this up and strap it to my jeep to protect me from bears...and more importantly...Moochie...

Anyone interested in constructing a bathroom, wal-mart is cheaper than amazon. They had the wag bags also under this brand I think. Also, cheaper then amazon. I didn't get a picture of those with prices unfortunately. I figured I'd rig this up and strap it to my jeep to protect me from bears...and more importantly...Moochie...

There are outhouses at Rubicon Spring … they are know as “Mountain High” for a reason, but they work. I brought a can of Fabreeze last year which helped, but not much! :yup::doh:

There are outhouses at Rubicon Spring … they are know as “Mountain High” for a reason, but they work. I brought a can of Fabreeze last year which helped, but not much! :yup::doh:

Fabreeze and Lysol are your friends in those things;)

View attachment 77763 View attachment 77764

That's gross and not needed. The best way is to take a shovel and dig a hole about 1 foot deep. Fill er up if you can then cover with the dirt. Find a stream then wash your ass out. Most people just leave crap and paper out in the open.
I'm getting the wag bags and using them just to conform to the trip.

Sent while sitting on the crapper!

That's gross and not needed. The best way is to take a shovel and dig a hole about 1 foot deep. Fill er up if you can then cover with the dirt. Find a stream then wash your ass out. Most people just leave crap and paper out in the open.
I'm getting the wag bags and using them just to conform to the trip.

It’s easier using the portable outhouse for your wag-bags. If not, you will have a hard time holding the bag up! :eek:

As mentioned, there are portable toilets at camp - it is one of the reasons why we make the push all the way there instead of camping along the way. WAG bags are needed for everywhere else as a vast majority of the trail is all granite - there is no digging a hole into it. Among other things, big part of the problems we were seeing on the Rubicon Trail and it almost getting closed was all the crap and stained TP streamers flying on branches.

Wag bags or similar must be used unless an outhouse is provided. No poop or accessories are to be left behind. Burying you waste byproducts is against the law. Besides, most of the ground on the Rubicon Trail is to hard to dig into.

Wayoflife beat me to it. Lol

Wag bags or similar must be used unless an outhouse is provided. No poop or accessories are to be left behind. Burying you waste byproducts is against the law. Besides, most of the ground on the Rubicon Trail is to hard to dig into.

Wayoflife beat me to it. Lol

:cheesy: I'm typing on a keyboard :D

You may be asked by the poop police to show your Wag bags(non-used). A citation/ticket/warning can be given to you. Used Wag bags can not be placed in outhouses. They have to be hauled out.

You may be asked by the poop police to show your Wag bags(non-used). A citation/ticket/warning can be given to you. Used Wag bags can not be placed in outhouses. They have to be hauled out.

I'm starting to think the scariest part of the rubicon is pooping in a bag. Lol

Yup, what he said ^^^

Being that we'll be heading out on a Sunday, we'll most likely come across an inspector at Ellis Creek and then again at the Little Sluice. The two things they will want you to verify is that you have WAG bags and a spill kit.

Also, as mentioned before, the Rubicon Trail is still an El Dorado county route and it IS patrolled by the local Sherriff department. Even if people didn't want to abide by our no drinking rule, they DO arrest people for DUI.

I'm starting to think the scariest part of the rubicon is pooping in a bag. Lol

Drink some mag citrate 3 days before the trip and pop immodium while on the trail and you'll be all set :thumb:

Am I the only one who finds your signature perfect for this conversation!

Drink some mag citrate 3 days before the trip and pop immodium while on the trail and you'll be all set :thumb:

Am I the only one who finds your signature perfect for this conversation!

Do that and you will poop your brains out and get rid of all the healthy flora in your gut...then the Imodium will constipate you. No thanks

Top Bottom