Watcha cookin'?

Looks great. One day I’ll pay you a visit.
Be careful with the knife. I did not pay attention on Father’s Day. Ended up in the ER. 7 stitches

Ouch! I've not had to get stiches yet, but after a couple of these slips, I never sharpen my kitchen knives to 100% - maybe 80% or so. As long as I can easily slice tomatos i'm good. I know they say a sharper one is safer but I'm not taking chances

Ouch! I've not had to get stiches yet, but after a couple of these slips, I never sharpen my kitchen knives to 100% - maybe 80% or so. As long as I can easily slice tomatos i'm good. I know they say a sharper one is safer but I'm not taking chances
I bought a nice electric sharpener. My boys sharpen the knives every damn minute they get. I haven’t cooked as I used to for some time so my knife slipped 🤷‍♂️

She really likes putting you to work huh? lol

We didn't grow any this year because I forgot about this. I am adding it to the list for next year!
Cindy just gave me this link to share with you. Of all the varieties we’ve tried, these are the best 👍🏻

Cindy just gave me this link to share with you. Of all the varieties we’ve tried, these are the best 👍🏻
lol I’m pretty sure we have those actually. We ordered a bunch from Johnny seeds this year. Now that I think about it We had a big mishap with the greenhouse and ended up not getting a bunch of stuff we originally planted. Next year hopefully.

Pizza cooks: I'm done buying crap pizza & being disappointed when I can make it myself & be disappointed cheaper (more cheaply? Idk)

Tips on recipes?
Sauce: I've read whole canned marzano's in a colander & let drain & salt. Done. Maybe some fresh basil.
Dough: I bought some King Arthur 00 flour. Figured I'd try the recipe on the bag first unless some suggestions there
Toppings: we'll play by ear, but I'll grate whole milk mozzarella myself
Any other hints?
Where's the guy from JLWrangler? He made some awesome looking pies

Pizza cooks: I'm done buying crap pizza & being disappointed when I can make it myself & be disappointed cheaper (more cheaply? Idk)

Tips on recipes?
Sauce: I've read whole canned marzano's in a colander & let drain & salt. Done. Maybe some fresh basil.
Dough: I bought some King Arthur 00 flour. Figured I'd try the recipe on the bag first unless some suggestions there
Any other hints?
Greasy pepperoni is key. The one that forms little cups when cooked.

We make our own pizza sauce typically but if we run out, Muir Glen is pretty good.

Tips on recipes?
Any other hints?
Cold ferment your dough overnight. If you’re using a regular oven heat it up well ahead of time and use a pizza stone or steel. I’ve tried several types of flour and my favorite is bread flour I thought the oo was a bit bland tasting. But the best thing about homemade pizza is experimenting with different dough recipes and toppings. We do pizzas pretty regularly so bought a woodfired oven a few years back. IMG_1748.jpeg

Cold ferment your dough overnight. If you’re using a regular oven heat it up well ahead of time and use a pizza stone or steel. I’ve tried several types of flour and my favorite is bread flour I thought the oo was a bit bland tasting. But the best thing about homemade pizza is experimenting with different dough recipes and toppings. We do pizzas pretty regularly so bought a woodfired oven a few years back. View attachment 410813
Best Toppings right there!

Greasy pepperoni is key. The one that forms little cups when cooked.

We make our own pizza sauce typically but if we run out, Muir Glen is pretty good.

Muir Glen tomatos are pretty good - I used to have to get them at Whole Foods but our local chain now carries some. I'll look for their sauce next trip to WF.

Cold ferment your dough overnight. If you’re using a regular oven heat it up well ahead of time and use a pizza stone or steel. I’ve tried several types of flour and my favorite is bread flour I thought the oo was a bit bland tasting. But the best thing about homemade pizza is experimenting with different dough recipes and toppings. We do pizzas pretty regularly so bought a woodfired oven a few years back. View attachment 410813

(y) I did grab some regular flour as well. Tired of not having good bread so gonna give that a go too (lol, thats another complete thread there)
may try both to see if I can tell a difference. Got a couple cordierite stones coming so we'll break in the new oven this weekend

Cold ferment is the way to go.

Muir Glen tomatos are pretty good - I used to have to get them at Whole Foods but our local chain now carries some. I'll look for their sauce next trip to WF.

(y) I did grab some regular flour as well. Tired of not having good bread so gonna give that a go too (lol, thats another complete thread there)
may try both to see if I can tell a difference. Got a couple cordierite stones coming so we'll break in the new oven this weekend
Look for Cookbooks from Peter Reinhart. American Pie is all pizza, and Artisan breads everyday is great bread recipes. He gets into the whys of cold fermenting and all the different interactions that take place. I like having the actual dead tree version when I cook. Using phone or iPad gets to annoying.

Look for Cookbooks from Peter Reinhart. American Pie is all pizza, and Artisan breads everyday is great bread recipes. He gets into the whys of cold fermenting and all the different interactions that take place. I like having the actual dead tree version when I cook. Using phone or iPad gets to annoying.

I'll look that up - and yeah, certain things demand paper - cookbooks being one

Top Bottom