Watcha cookin'?

It was so good! First time making it. Need to work on thickening the sauce a bit more next time. Amazing flavors and a nice fall meal.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That is for sure on my bucket list of things to cook now. It appears that while time consuming, it is not a difficult recipe to make whatsoever. When marinating your chicken, did you opt for the two hour or overnight approach?

That is for sure on my bucket list of things to cook now. It appears that while time consuming, it is not a difficult recipe to make whatsoever. When marinating your chicken, did you opt for the two hour or overnight approach?

Actually it’s super easy and it calls for simple ingredients you probably have in the kitchen. I didn’t marinate the chicken at all; just season it on each side and brown them. I used a recipe I found on Pinterest. Had to improvise a little as I didn’t have any whiskey on hand so I are used scotch.
IMG_7212.jpg.
IMG_7213.jpg.
IMG_7214.jpg.
IMG_7215.jpg

Actually it’s super easy and it calls for simple ingredients you probably have in the kitchen. I didn’t marinate the chicken at all; just season it on each side and brown them. I used a recipe I found on Pinterest. Had to improvise a little as I didn’t have any whiskey on hand so I are used scotch.
View attachment 311662.
View attachment 311663.
View attachment 311664.
View attachment 311665

Awesome! The recipe I found calls for brandy, and calls for marinating the chicken in red wine with before hand. I may try both and see how they come out

Coq au vin is traditionally made with a male chicken (cock hence Coq), burgundy wine, cognac, and thickened with chicken blood...since most people don't have a male chicken or a cup of chicken blood, a regular fryer is used, and thickened at the end with a roux (equal parts flour & butter cooked, then wisked in at the end)...the time consuming part is making a brown chicken stock beforehand...

Coq au vin is traditionally made with a male chicken (cock hence Coq), burgundy wine, cognac, and thickened with chicken blood...since most people don't have a male chicken or a cup of chicken blood, a regular fryer is used, and thickened at the end with a roux (equal parts flour & butter cooked, then wisked in at the end)...the time consuming part is making a brown chicken stock beforehand...

I did not make one for some time since it is time consuming but holiday season is not that far out so I might get to it[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Question, I’ve installed a hundred potfillers but don’t have one and can’t cook but why the hell do they have two shut offs?

My guess is one at the end to stop the water when you're filling the pot and the other to cut off the water when those fucking joints start leaking.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I've had several...and I don't know why either, but your explanation is as good as any...

Question, I’ve installed a hundred potfillers but don’t have one and can’t cook but why the hell do they have two shut offs?

Lol [emoji23] I have no idea.

My guess is one at the end to stop the water when you're filling the pot and the other to cut off the water when those fucking joints start leaking.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I've had several...and I don't know why either, but your explanation is as good as any...

Ever reached over a stove and grabbed a piece of metal when you have four or six burners on high? It’s pretty warm.

They are there so you can turn the water off and on without burning the shit out of yourself when cooking. At least that’s always what I told people when working in kitchens and what made the most sense.

Ever reached over a stove and grabbed a piece of metal when you have four or six burners on high? It’s pretty warm.

They are there so you can turn the water off and on without burning the shit out of yourself when cooking. At least that’s always what I told people when working in kitchens and what made the most sense.

Made be a believer..haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom