The official Wayalife Texas Hidden Falls run thread! October 14-16th!

I've ran greenhorn twice in my jeep before the lift, with no lockers back when i was stock (front bumper and winch). It's an awesome rock bed creek... and it's a GREAT trail to learn technical crawling on. Infact, I have yet to run that trail with the long arm and 37s.

Good to know, sounds like fun!

I've been looking into a lot of the trails for the newbie group, I'm interested to see how many sign up. I'll attempt to keep them in their comfort zone. [emoji12]

Last edited:

I've been looking into a lot of the trails for the newbie group, I'm interested to see how many sign up. I'll attempt to keep them in their comfort zone. [emoji12]

I'm sure we can round up a good group. If they can deal with my wife's cb banter then they'll be officially initiated!

On the contrary, i always enjoyed newbie runs that "pushed my limits" the most, because I felt challenged on the trail, and came out feeling accomplished, and learned a little more about wheeling :thumb: but there is a fine line, and good spotters are needed because on a trail like greenhorn, if you get into an obstical wrong, there are chances to catch the jeep body on rocks. While this makes for a great, visually challenging trail, being too far off the line and tagging a rock with the jeep body can definately ruin the wheeling experience... but getting through it unscathed, with a group of strangers will make instant, lasting memories and friendships.

Last edited:
On the contrary, i always enjoyed newbie runs that "pushed my limits" the most, because I felt challenged on the trail, and came out feeling accomplished, and learned a little more about wheeling :thumb: but there is a fine line, and good spotters are needed because on a trail like greenhorn, if you get into an obstical wrong, there are chances to catch the jeep body on rocks. While this makes for a great, visually challenging trail, being too far off the line and tagging a rock with the jeep body can definately ruin the wheeling experience... but getting through it unscathed, with a group of strangers will make instant, lasting memories and friendships.

That's a great point Dave. Even with experience, our last Barnwell trip pushed my comfort limits just because I was in a stock Jeep. It does make for a great experience.

but getting through it unscathed, with a group of strangers will make instant, lasting memories and friendships.

Lol, #holdme

:cheesy: #MoreThanJustAJeep

:blush::blush::blush::blush:

That's a great point Dave. Even with experience, our last Barnwell trip pushed my comfort limits just because I was in a stock Jeep. It does make for a great experience.

"all of these noises are normal...all of these noises are normal...all of these noises are normal..." ;)

:blush::blush::blush::blush:

"all of these noises are normal...all of these noises are normal...all of these noises are normal..." ;)

Haha! My wife probably wouldn't have made it through without yalls words of encouragement:)

Haha! My wife probably wouldn't have made it through without yalls words of encouragement:)

Well, i hope your wife is ready for HF. Cause in stock form i hit EVERYTHING. This time though, just tell her its all apart of the experience :sly:

I'm looking at the booking the cabin. Not exactly sure how big they are, but if anyone is interested in going in half let me know. It's $212 for 2 nights. Let me know!

That makes it 15 attending so far. Spread the word to your homies and see if we can gather up more members. There's a real possibility the experienced group will break into 2 groups by then to avoid trail congestion. In fact, once I get 15 confirmed in that group I'll spilt it and make Instigator the trail lead for group #2.

Top Bottom