The official Wayalife Texas Hidden Falls run thread! October 14-16th!

C'mon homie, I need my team bypass compadre there! :bleh:

Damn! This sounds like fun. There should be plenty of Giggity opportunity with this group. :thumb:
You have to have someone in the Beginners group with a winch in case masculinity is challenged. I'd like to nominate myself, but I will be in Memphis on Oct 14th for work. Not sure if I will make it back in time by Saturday the 15th to make the 4 hour drive.
My work calendar and Jeep calendar don't like each other. . . . . just like ledges and Nick's fenders don't like each other. :D

Damn! This sounds like fun. There should be plenty of Giggity opportunity with this group. :thumb:
You have to have someone in the Beginners group with a winch in case masculinity is challenged. I'd like to nominate myself, but I will be in Memphis on Oct 14th for work. Not sure if I will make it back in time by Saturday the 15th to make the 4 hour drive.
My work calendar and Jeep calendar don't like each other. . . . . just like ledges and Nick's fenders don't like each other. :D
Hopefully the schedule works out for you.
I call a couple of broken fender clips a damn good day [emoji41]

Crap i cant watch the vid on mobile!
But im excited to finally try the full FM TRO out. When i get my Jeep back, ill probably make a run out to HF within a months time at the latest with Angry Aussie. That is if its still not unbearably scorching by that time. Summer time is the only time i hate wheeling. Did it several times and man, you come out sunburned, more exhausted than usual, and all around makes the time on the trail kind of crappy. Summer time i might make a couple more SnGs since i dont wheel that time. That way we can all hang out and meet up, old and new. That way when trail weather comes back around. People are more comfortable to come out to the runs if they were to nervous before hand.

Hopefully the schedule works out for you.
I call a couple of broken fender clips a damn good day [emoji41]

Crap i cant watch the vid on mobile!
But im excited to finally try the full FM TRO out. When i get my Jeep back, ill probably make a run out to HF within a months time at the latest with Angry Aussie. That is if its still not unbearably scorching by that time. Summer time is the only time i hate wheeling. Did it several times and man, you come out sunburned, more exhausted than usual, and all around makes the time on the trail kind of crappy. Summer time i might make a couple more SnGs since i dont wheel that time. That way we can all hang out and meet up, old and new. That way when trail weather comes back around. People are more comfortable to come out to the runs if they were to nervous before hand.

yeah, I shy away from wheeling in the summer here too...

But getting to know people first also USUALLY makes people less shy on the CB aswell :cheesy:

yeah, I shy away from wheeling in the summer here too...

But getting to know people first also USUALLY makes people less shy on the CB aswell :cheesy:

I coulda swore we were having a live talk show radio sesh going on that day lol. Cant imagine all the stuff that was going on when i didnt have the CB :scared:

I coulda swore we were having a live talk show radio sesh going on that day lol. Cant imagine all the stuff that was going on when i didnt have the CB :scared:

You shoulda heard the yacking going on during our convoy back to Houston!

Hopefully if my plans work out, I will have a front bumper/winch by then. Although, it won't be the same without you in the CB party.

Dave, been doing research on FM TRO. From what I've seen, the first part of it looks pretty safe for the newbies(and fun)! We will probably cut out when it starts getting tough and possibly will run a short trail before meeting you guys for lunch.

Did you want to meet at the tower for the obligatory group shot before lunch or at sunset?

Last edited:
Hopefully if my plans work out, I will have a front bumper/winch by then. Although, it won't be the same without you in the CB party.

Dave, been doing research on FM TRO. From what I've seen, the first part of it looks pretty safe for the newbies(and fun)! We will probably cut out when it starts getting tough and possibly will run a short trail before meeting you guys for lunch.

Did you want to meet at the tower for the obligatory group shot before lunch or at sunset?

I think a sunset shot would be better.

Why not both?

I was thinking after FM TRO, we could meet at the tower and run a big pack down greenhorn together. Before lunch possibly

Why not both?

I was thinking after FM TRO, we could meet at the tower and run a big pack down greenhorn together. Before lunch possibly

Gotcha. I still need to do more research and Greenhorn to make sure its stock/newbie safe but it should be good. I've been playing with a lot of ideas because I'm sure I'll have a lot of beginners

Agreed.

Gotcha. I still need to do more research and Greenhorn to make sure its stock/newbie safe but it should be good. I've been playing with a lot of ideas because I'm sure I'll have a lot of beginners

Agreed.

I've ran greenhorn twice in my jeep before the lift, with no lockers back when i was stock (front bumper and winch). It's an awesome rock bed creek... and it's a GREAT trail to learn technical crawling on. Infact, I have yet to run that trail with the long arm and 37s.

I remember doing bronco buster in the dark back when my jeep was stock, I don't remember what level it is but it was fun.

I remember seeing the sign after I made the turn to it and thinking I might be screwed but made it through without a problem. I might of has second thoughts if it was still daylight out. Here is what my view was going across it

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465006161.848765.jpg

So I couldn't tell really where I was going other than following Jegar in front of me.

I remember seeing the sign after I made the turn to it and thinking I might be screwed but made it through without a problem. I might of has second thoughts if it was still daylight out. Here is what my view was going across it

View attachment 206589

So I couldn't tell really where I was going other than following Jegar in front of me.

Hey, what's a couple of level 4's, and a part of a 5; lost; near midnight; with drunken trail guides, amongst friends?????[emoji13]

In a stock jeep it's a little nerve racking but in the end it was fun. Definitely looking forward to returning and seeing what I can do now.

Top Bottom