The never-ending 'wave' discussion thread

I'm in a stock jk now but I always wave to fellow jeepers. Does kind of suck when you give the two finger wave and get nothing back. Oh well maybe ill get more love when I'm lifted

When I don't get a wave back I like to think they just didn't see me and that's why they didn't wave back. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

When I don't get a wave back I like to think they just didn't see me and that's why they didn't wave back. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think this too. Also, I've been guilty the last month not waving back... Sometimes when driving, I'm too focused on other real life stuff that I'm thinking of and am oblivious to Jeeps on the road... Hopefully, I can get back to looking for Jeeps to wave at, and not think of all these other stressful things :doh:

Funny...as a new jeep owner I've been viewing a couple different forums - this is by far my choice though - anyway...I was just reading some posts about the "jeep wave" - who does it, who doesn't and opinions as to why. Have to admit...some of the comments bugged me alittle (Not all from here).

Here's why. When I learned of the "Jeep Wave", I admit, I thought it was kinda cool. Fun. Classy even...that that respect was given amongst my new found "family" :)

I myself, try to wave to as many as I see...not discriminating (for lack of better words)....

Anyway, moving on....I've read recently that some 'modded up jeep owners will ONLY wave to those of like kind...the ones who have invested hundreds to thousands of dollars on their rigs and stating that the newer jeep owners, especially those that are "stock" are not REAL "jeepers".

Huh. Guess I am curious to hear other viewpoints on this. Like I said...I am new to this...looking at my pic you can clearly see that mine has not (yet) been modified in any way. But I am ecstatic over this vehicle and so far, I've found nothing but BIG waves on the road...even from a couple pretty massive looking rigs.
(Thanks guys!)

Eventually I plan to add a few minor things for alittle trail experimenting but its my DD so anything more is probably not in my best interest at this time...although im totally intrigued by it. And have been researching alot! Not to mention some people don't have overflowing pockets and have to build from a wishlist over time.

So to finally bring this post to a close...I guess I'm wondering how you all handle this "wave"....Is it a "Jeep Family" thing or more of a "My lift is higher than yours" thing? :)

You don't know me or how I speak so let me clarify.....this post is meant to be taken in good, light hearted manner.

Sorry so long winded....

Thanks!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I wave to my Jeep family, I've had CJ's YJ's and now on my 2nd JK. Stock, and Modded. It's always been hit or miss with a return wave. Love your family and wave...

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I always wave. Provided I see said Jeep. Always. Stock, modded, etc. ALWAYS.

We are a community. Its a Jeep thing!

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

RED...I think the comments about not waving to stock Jeeps come from people who assume that those stock Jeepers are of the mall crawler type. They probably waved at all Jeeps at some point, but after not getting a wave back, became bitter toward the stockers. My best advice is to just wave at everybody! That's what I try to do. There are even a couple of Jeeps that I pass that I wave to every time I see them. Both are lifted! Both are driven by females! Both never return a wave! I wave anyway!! Maybe someday they will catch on!

Thank you Rubi and JKW...great attitudes concerning the whole thing!!

FIRE: Thank you. Well said and from what I've read, I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head if I had to guess.

I've already gotten snubbed a couple times...but of course, have no way of knowing if it was deliberate or not. Either way, doesn't matter...I will continue waving....whether target "jeeper" THINKS I'm a mall crawler or not! :)

vshs.jpg

:standing wave: I always waved in my 87 XJ but I did find myself waving in my pickup and always getting the weird do I know you and why are you waving at me look while in it!!! just remember smile and wave boys smile and wave!!! :standing wave:

No wave Denver?

I have been living in a Denver surrounding area for two months and I do the wave to other jeepers and NO ONE does it back. Is the wave dead here?!
Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom